1. The Gear Page is run by musicians for musicians. We listen, we learn and if we misstep we are not afraid to do the right thing. We proposed some changes to the Emporiums. Based on feedback from members, we have decided to not go ahead with those changes. However, it has also highlighted that we need some community input into what is working and what is not working for members here. Primarily focused on the Emporiums, we'd like input on your thoughts about TGP and how things work in the Emporiums for you and how you'd improve them. The discussion thread on the is here!

Dismiss Notice

Tone Specific Pickups - "Country" Tele set

Discussion in 'Pickups, Speakers, etc. Demo Videos & Soundclips' started by roknfnrol, Aug 24, 2016.

1. roknfnrol

roknfnrol Silver Supporting Member

I wasn't familiar with Tone Specific until a few weeks ago. Kind of cool that they call their pickups country, rock, blues, or jazz. Makes it easier to pick a set without having to research much. I got the country set and the blues set (video coming soon). These country pickups have a nice powerful feel to them. It might not come across in the video, but you can feel it under your fingers. No harshness, as a Tele player I love that.

I'm using my Muleskinner amplifiers, a reverb pedal, and a Barber Gain Changer.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2016
  2. roknfnrol

3. TonemanCA

TonemanCA Member

These guys make the best pickup. I've got the Blues Strats. They are a huge upgrade over the Ron Ellis 50/60s I had in my blues Strat. I've tried dozens of boutique pickups bug they always fall short of the hype. I wish I would have found Tone Specific years ago. I would have saved a ton of money chasing my tone by trying to pick the right winder and right specs. Great videos by the way, you have really sweet tone.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2016
    roknfnrol likes this.
  4. rherr

rherr Member

Do you have these pickups for sale

roknfnrol likes this.
  5. roknfnrol

Yes