tone-tools cas azera

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by colleran, Jun 21, 2006.

1. colleran

colleran Member

Anyone heard from Cas Azera lately?

Eight months ago, I sent him a prepayment for $384 for a cabinet, as well as a mint 1968 JBL D-120 speaker that I treasure to install in it. He kept promising the cabinet would be done in 2 weeks, then quit returning my calls and emails in February. He also has not returned my speaker or money.

2. rwe333

rwe333 Supporting Member

He's around, but very busy w/ a range of projects - Habitat for Humanity, etc. He'll come through - good guy - but keep on him. Leave some voice mail as he is slow w/ email. If no reply, please email or PM me and I have some other options...

3. colleran

colleran Member

OK - will do. I have left him SEVERAL voice mails over the weeks and months.

4. r9player

r9player Silver Supporting Member

My cab was finished late because he had to hunt down grill cloth but as far as I know he's a good guy. If he didn't get back to you for that long, I might think there is something wrong.

5. davidkiddmusic

davidkiddmusic Member

He seems like a great dude. I did however have a similar experience where I ordered a 112 cab in Nov and still in Feb it wasnt done and he was MIA. So I got on him and after a while got my money back. Its a shame. I would have been a great cab im sure. I just hate when people say 2-3 weeks and really mean 3+ months. He was a very kind and a very honest man however.

6. fast ricky love

fast ricky love Supporting Member

Is this typical? I'm considering one of these cabs but this treatment ain't cool...

7. Cliff

Cliff Member

I've had the same situation with Cas. I sent him pre-payment for a 1x12 in Dec 2005. At the time, he was advertising 6 weeks wait. I got some pictures of my cabinet in March...almost finished, all materials in-house, etc. Then, he fell off the map. No answer to phone calls, emails, etc. I finally tracked him down and have spoken to him many times in the last two months. He is having personal problems which keeps him from getting any work done. Luckily, it's not a health issue. He's promised to finish my cabinet each week for at least the last 4 weeks. I'm hopeful....but, man, it's been 8 months. My grandmother used to say that "life comes in clumps", another way of saying "when it rains, it pours". Cas is certainly experiencing one of these times in his life. I wish him the best, but man, it's no way to run a business. He knows that as well as anyone but is still struggling to do anything about it. I think he only has 5 or so cabinets to finish.....

8. FredW

FredW Member

That's too bad, I have two of his cabs and they sound great. I got mine early last year and the turnaround was about a month. He is a very nice guy. I did experience some frustration when I requested a new baffle to convert a 1210 cab to a 212, He said it was on the way, but it never came. I hope he sorts everything out and get's it together because I think he builds one of the best cabs out there.

9. fast ricky love

I'm sorry to hear about this too, but I'm not willing to go thru that kind of guessing game with something I'd like sooner than later.

10. Cliff

Cliff Member

Fast ricky - I agree that you probably shouldn't order from Cas now, but I'm very hopeful that he will get his act together and start producing cabs. He may get things together and get a viable business going again. As everyone has stated, he's a nice guy, but just in a difficult place right now. The other side of the coin is that I've been without a 1x12 cab for 7 months now. I sold my 1x12 about a month after I ordered the Tone Tools, anticipating it's delivery. Definitely a drag to wait, and wait.....and wait.

11. Roccaforte Amps

Roccaforte Amps Member

I did a interview of him for guitaramplifiermagazine.com ,
    he's a real nice guy. Builds nice looking stuff.

12. J Purcell

J Purcell Member

I don't know Cas but he lives here in town. I'll ask around and see if I can find out what's up.

13. AD

AD Supporting Member

Best cab I have is a Tone-Tools w/ a Guytron 55W speaker. It makes my amps that much better.

14. fast ricky love

Please do, it sounds like he has a great product...

15. brad235

brad235 Member

i think hes a great guy, and im sorry to hear hes having a tough time. i lived near sarasota for a while, and got to visit his shop several times. he really makes some quality stuff. i love my cabinet and i wouldnt want to plug into anything else. brad