Tone Tubby Alnico in my Carr Rambler

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by hunter6726, Jul 12, 2008.

1. hunter6726

hunter6726 Member

I put a tone tubby alnico in my Carr Ramler. I took it out on a local gig in Nashville last night. I'm sure I over played, but I couldn't help myself. It sounds so good. I can now run my eq flat. This is deffinitely the way to go with the Rambler.

2. ebenezer

ebenezer Silver Supporting Member

I've noticed that too with my tone tubby speakers! I can't say enough about how much I love these tone tubby's.

3. Blueser

Blueser Member

I love Tone Tubby speakers and cabinets more than anything I have ever heard before! I like the ceramic better for the Rambler. While I no longer have the Rambler, I have a Carr Imperial, which is a double Rambler, and I have two 2x12 Tone Tubby cabinets. One H-Bomb (1 ceramic, and 1 alnico), and one with two ceramics, and I like the Imperial a touch better through the ceramic cabinet, as the H-Bomb cab is a smidge darker. The Rambler and Imperial are clearly in the Fender camp, but have a bit more mid-range in their voice, which I thought sounded better in the slightly scooped ceramic TT.

It's great you are enjoying the amp!

4. nitehawk55

nitehawk55 Member

I've been thinking a TT Alnico might work good in a 5E3 clone ?

I do have a Rambler too BTW but it's the 1x15 model and sounds great .

5. Dale

Dale Member

The Cannibis Rex works great in my 5e3 clone, actually it has with both.

6. nitehawk55

nitehawk55 Member

Thanks , I'll add that to the possables list . It has a Scumback 25W ceramic in it now that sounds OK but my feeling and from what I have read makes me lean toward trying an alnico type . Whether it's an improvement remains to be heard .

7. Tweak

Tweak Supporting Member

I am on the investigation search for the perfect Rambler 12" speaker, since I am convinced that the Kingpin AIN'T it!
    Any suggestions other than the TT ceramic?