Tonebenders!

JMarkoz

Ok, so I seem to be turning into a fuzz junkie. And now I think I want a Tonebender. (I have a Sputnik and a Karma Suture.)

I like buttons, so I'd prefer one with at least 3 knobs (vol/fuzz/tone), but I'm open to ideas.

The JHS Firefly looks pretty cool ...

I'm even open to building one myself (maybe the GGG version).

What say y'all? Favorites? Suggestions?

tanx!

groovington

Ramble fx makes a tone bender that he calls a twin bender, being that it has a switch for mk1.5 and mk2 versions. It doesn't have a tone knob, just level and attack. But it does have a fat switch which works wonders if you're switching between single coil and humbucker guitars. And has a little bias knob on the side of the enclosure which is useful when needed. Overall I think it's pretty awesome, but I can't really comment on its authenticity to the originals.

jordane93

Ramble fx makes a tone bender that he calls a twin bender, being that it has a switch for mk1.5 and mk2 versions. It doesn't have a tone knob, just level and attack. But it does have a fat switch which works wonders if you're switching between single coil and humbucker guitars. And has a little bias knob on the side of the enclosure which is useful when needed. Overall I think it's pretty awesome, but I can't really comment on its authenticity to the originals.
+1 for a Twinbender

Fionn

Fulltone soul bender (I prefer the older big box version to adjust bias but the mkII version is good)
Tone hungry effects hunger bender (my fav)
Basic audio scarab deluxe is great and has 5 knobs!!!

I also like the demos of the earthquaker devices hoof reaper octave fuzz where you get a 3 knob tone bender, a 4knob muff and an octave switch....you'll be in knob heaven.

Bb

Cado

So many Tone Bender variants to choose from. The most accurate sounding clones usually don't come cheap.

scolfax

Silver Supporting Member
I just got a Throbak Stone Bender:

It's used though, so I don't know if the internal trimpots have been messed with. At one point I thought the battery might be low but then I plugged it in and it sounded the same! Guess I'm used to a different type of fuzz.

supercreep

MKI, i realize you want lotsa knobs to play with but the two knobs on the MKI's do a lot more than your typical knob

louis

Silver Supporting Member
Who that we know played with the MK1 and
who played with the MK2 so we can associate
the diffence in sound ?

Thank's

Gold Supporting Member
I'm not a tonebender expert by any means, but I can say that Monsterpiece makes some incredible fuzzes, and this MKII sounds so good that I don't feel the need to explore any other options. The YT demos are pretty good, but the pedal sounds so much better in person.

Trending Topics