ToneConcepts releases "The Distillery" guitar pedal with world's greatest guitarists

Discussion in 'Builder's & Retailer's Forum' started by Arc Angel, Oct 29, 2013.

1. Arc Angel

Arc Angel Member

I answered your question in the other thread as well.

List: $195.00, Street: $175.00

Demos are on our YouTube Channel (more coming). Additionally, Premier Guitar, Vintage Guitar, Guitar World, CME, Prymaxe, MusicToyz, Pete Thorn, etc., will all be shooting videos

I'll be posting photos of the artists Distillery pedals which show their settings.

2. LavaMan

LavaMan Member

There's a difference between being true bypass and having a buffer as a part of the circuit..

Does it have a buffer?

3. Arc Angel

Arc Angel Member

Latest full page advertisement for The Distillery featuring quotes from a number of artists who helped test it in prototype form and are using it on tour!

[​IMG]

4. lareplus

lareplus Member

Thanks Arc Angel. . .I'm beginning to be impressed. .

5. Grant Ferstat

Grant Ferstat Some guy in obscure bands in a far away place...

I'll be impressed when I see:-

a) the in-use by famous guys videos and
    b) that the pedal is still on their boards in 12 months time.

Sorry. I know this sounds cynical but I've just seen so many examples of guys endorsing pieces of equipment that they "helped to develop" that they only ever use fleetingly.

6. Arc Angel

Arc Angel Member

That's not going to happen :)

They'll be lots of developments with all the artists that we have been working with starting this weekend in NYC.

We've had long term personal and working relationships with many of these artists. I am the party responsible for approaching them in the first place. It's truly a collaboration. That's why they are invested in the process. You'll see quite bit of evidence of this over the next 2-3 months as more starts to roll out and become public.

More major magazine reviews coming as well.

7. Arc Angel

Arc Angel Member

Quick update!

More reviews coming in two major magazines .... they're excellent :)

8. Arc Angel

Arc Angel Member

Nels Cline Video Coming!

We'll be filming another video with Nels Cline next week. This one focused on The Distillery and how he uses it ....

Should be up by mid December.

Here's Nels testing a final prototype back in July.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. Arc Angel

Arc Angel Member

We're proud to be teaming up with our friends Los Lobos and also with Jim Campilongo on their respective San Francisco (The Fillmore and Yoshi's) and LA gigs this month.

For Los Lobos, 2 shows at The Fillmore and for Jim, his CD release shows on the 15th and 16th.

Details on Monday on the respective websites.

10. flantrax

flantrax Supporting Member

Hi, is there a manual available to check out online? Didn't see anything on the site..thanks

11. Arc Angel

Arc Angel Member

New website is up next week. In the interim, send me a PM and I'll send you a link to a PDF of the manual included with The Distillery.

12. flantrax

flantrax Supporting Member

Awesome...sent you a PM...thanks

13. Arc Angel

Arc Angel Member

Hi folks,

Here is a nice video demonstration of The Distillery by our dealers MusicToyz

More dealer, magazine, and Artist!!! (How I Use The Distillery) videos coming soon ...

14. Grant Ferstat

Grant Ferstat Some guy in obscure bands in a far away place...

Cool...very useful demo for me as I play through mostly teles through a Magic Brit MK2 AC15 style amp.

15. Arc Angel

Arc Angel Member

It's extremely effective with a Tele. We have Vince Gill, Jim Campilongo, David Hidalgo all using it to great effect.

We'll have Jim do a "How I Use The Distillery" video in the new year and are sponsoring a special Distillery give-away for his CD Release gigs for Dream Dictionary next week.

16. Arc Angel

Arc Angel Member

I New Year's bump to let everyone know that two great reviews for The Distillery are coming out this month in Guitar World and Vintage Guitar!

17. Arc Angel

Arc Angel Member

Here we go! Guitar World's Paul Riario reviews The Distillery!

Guitar World The Distillery Video Review

The full review will appear in the Guitar World February 2014 issue which will also be distributed free of charge at NAMM 2014! It's a great review.

Guitar World Excerpt

When ToneConcepts set out to make a new stomp box, it did the unthinkable by asking guitarists what they wanted that was missing from the plethora of pedals already on the market.

The result is the Distillery pedal, which, despite its name, does not make vodka or whiskey but rather is a clean boost/overdrive pedal that allows guitarists to brew up their own signature tones.

Observant readers may note that a bajillion clean boost/overdrive pedals are out there already, but the ToneConcepts Distillery is truly different, from the way that it virtually becomes an integrated part of an amp to the incredible variety of natural-sounding tones it delivers.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2014
  18. Arc Angel

Arc Angel Member

The Distillery won Guitar World's Gold Award for Performance Excellence. Read the review in the Feb. 2014 issue with Eddie Van Halen on the cover or on our website:

http://www.toneconcepts.com/the-distillery/

Check out Paul Riario's great video where you can hear it in action.

19. Arc Angel

Arc Angel Member

Here is another video, this time from our dealers Prymaxe Vintage.

20. Arc Angel

Arc Angel Member

We are shooting the first video in the "How I Use The Distillery" series featuring our artists tomorrow in New York City!

Nels Cline is up first, to be followed by Jim Campilongo (mid month) and Alex Skolnick.

We'll be shooting videos with some of the players in my signature through April.