Tonecore Liqua-Flange!!!

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by muddy, Oct 21, 2005.

1. muddy

muddy Member

WHOO-BOY!!! and that's gonna have to suffice for now, as i accidently erased my WHOLE ****IN' REVIEW!!! this thing delivers as promised! it can't match the foxrox for depth and richness of texture, nor does it have the cv-in for realtime manipulation (which REALLY enhances the effect), but it covers a LOT of ground VERY well (both old & new), including a good modern-style chorus. and the tzf sounds like the clips at their site! for $119, this thing ROCKS!!! this portends well for their roto-jobbie!

ml

2. Don Rusk

Don Rusk Gold Supporting Member

cool, the LF was my favorite of the new ones - the TZF setting and the triggered and envelope sounds were hypnotizing.........looking forward to your review...

3. ck3

ck3 Member

How random is the "random" setting? Is it more of a sample/hold waveform, or is it actaully pretty erratic?

4. Don Rusk

Don Rusk Gold Supporting Member

erratic is a good word for it ;)

it steps from one to the other pitch , like in that Audioslave song where it goes blip blip blip all over real fast..... you can control how fast it blips.......... at one setting it sounds like finger tapping kind of Stanley Jordan style.....

5. jcshirke

jcshirke Silver Supporting Member

So, it's good, but not quite a replacement for the Foxrox, eh? I was questioning whether or not I really needed to hang onto a $300+ flanger. I was hoping the Liqua-Flange could replace it.

Jeff

6. Vettavillenl

Vettavillenl Member

7. muddy

muddy Member

look, it's so cheap, how could you NOT just go ahead & grab 1 for the heck of it? you can then decide if it'll take the tzf's place. it's a GREAT sounding box, make no mistake, but it doesn't have the depth or richness of tone that the analogue tzf does (how could it, really?), and for recording, my $ is on dave's box. but the tonecore is DAMN close, & the"house burnin'..." setting puts your guitar's tone right up there in FRONT of the swoosh! it does NOT eat your tone or clarity!it's a VERY usable pedal!

ml

8. CHyde

CHyde Member

where did you pick it up?

9. guitarplayaman

guitarplayaman Member

is there any noise with this pedal like the Echo PArk?

10. jcshirke

Most dealers should have them in stock now. My local GC did. MF has them, too.

Jeff

11. muddy

muddy Member

do a search on ebay for:

funkymunkymusic

$119/free shipping, and he's fast & honest.

ml

12. CHyde

CHyde Member

Who did you deal with? Can I give your name as reference?

13. muddy

muddy Member

you most certainly may. tell him michael lawrence sent ya (the guy who bought the liqua-flange). his name is jon:

funkymunkymusic@gmail.com

ml

14. CHyde

CHyde Member

Thanks man. Much appreciated.

15. jcshirke

Could you post some of your favorite settings? I just picked up one of these babies, and I'm definitely getting some good tones out of it. But I'm having a hard time dialing in the kind of traditional flange sounds I'm familiar with. Any tips? More experimentation will do the trick, I'm sure. But you could possibly save me some time. ;)

Noise: the Liqua-Flange and Rotomachine (I just got them both) are dead quiet on their own. No problem there. BUT, if you daisy chain them, there's definitely hum. It doesn't matter if they are on separate power outlets. As soon as you pass signal through both of them, underlying hum is generated. It's not overpowering, but it's annoying--at least to me.

Jeff

16. Nathan

Nathan Member

For cryin out loud! I have been searching for weird tones for a long time now and I really think this might be a winner. How easy is it to get the sounds on Line 6's website? That's some cool shtick.

17. jcshirke

It's pretty easy to get the weird sounds. Just set the dial to step and start turning knobs. That'll get you there pretty fast. But just about any setting can yield rather extreme sounds, yelps, and warbles.

I need some help dialing in traditional, deep flanged sounds. Anyone?

Jeff

18. Nathan

Nathan Member

Hey could anyone explain what the 2 inputs and 2 outputs are for? Thanks!

19. Craftmatic

Craftmatic Silver Supporting Member

Do you still like this pedal? I'm looking for an inexpensive flanger that will get me close to Jimi's solo on "House Burning Down."

BTW, one of my favorite quotes in all history (and one of my late Dad's too): "...i don't possess a mansion, a villa in france, a yacht, or a string of polopponies." - E.N."