Tonecore - Modules offered seperate

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Vettavillenl, Jan 20, 2006.

1. Vettavillenl

Vettavillenl Member

2. themusicboxstudios

themusicboxstudios Member

thats some crazy stuff, kind of cool for a studio. kinda un usable for live use.

3. onemind

onemind Member

Would be nice if they sold a dock with four or so connected pedals already wired in series, one power supply and you could throw in the modules you like for each gig, change the order, etc.

4. fractal

fractal Member

I don't know how quick they are to change (even though I have a couple), but I could see playing one setup for a cover band during the week and then changing out for a weekend fusion or rock gig.

But yes, DURING a set, I agree - impossible.

5. Vettavillenl

Vettavillenl Member

6. BmoreTele

BmoreTele Member

Mr Vettaville - the section on your website dated 13-10-05 seems to indicate that the ToneCores have been modular all along and that it's just now that the individual modules are being sold separately. Is that true?

Because that's different from the impression given by the press release.

You may recall from my post on another forum that I'm not blown away by the modularity. Looks to me like someone could end up with a box full of modules gathering dust while they have just one or two of the base stations. However, a multi-module base does make some sense.

The current price list shows that the cost of a full pedal is the same as a base plus the module. Are the full pedals going to still be sold as such, or just the base and module parts individually?

7. bluescube

bluescube Supporting Member

Might have to buy a Roto module for my Crunchtone....

8. Vettavillenl

Vettavillenl Member

First, you can call me Hans
    As far as I'm aware of, Tonecores (as a complete pedal) will still be offered, you just will get an additional possibillity to change/buy modules. If this is what a certain player would want.

The post on my website is correct. They have been modular all along however there was no way to buy the modules seperate. This is now offered.

On Vettaville.nl it was explained how to it and what advantages it could have. This doesn't mean that players should / would do it however they could. At that point I made some videos showing it.
    I removed one (without being aware) that I've uploaded again today.
    you can find it at the link
    http://www.vettaville.nl/vvlatestnewsnl.htm#226

hope it answers you questions

9. fractal

fractal Member

Wow, is it safe to leave it "unlocked"? I stand corrected about the impossibility during a set if being "unlocked" is okay...

10. Guy from Idaho

Guy from Idaho Member

...so when my Echo Park goes into its "unbearable hiss" mode, I can just pull out the module and throw it away? Thanks Line6! :rolleyes:

11. Vettavillenl

Vettavillenl Member

if you've seen both videos, you can see there's a spring mechanism that locks the module even though the screws aren't fastened. The module stays in.

12. JohnLutz

JohnLutz Supporting Member

This would be a really interesting update if you could get a two, four, or six socket base that didn't buzz like a hive of bees.

13. fractal

fractal Member

Is your experience buzzy too? Try as I might, I CAN'T get my Echo Park to make a hum or buzz noise! I even use a daisy chain OneSpot!!!

Maybe I got lucky?

14. n8b

n8b Member

Even though I had bad experiences with the Echo Park, this is the coolest feature I've seen in a pedal. I really wish the 3 Echo Parks I tried were hiss free, otherwise I would still own it, and a number of modules. Perhaps I'll pick up a roto.

15. aleclee

aleclee TGP Tech Wrangler Staff Member

I bet something like that is in the works. Seems like the next logical step...

16. pfindeis

pfindeis Member

anybody want to trade a uber metal module for my Crunchtone Module ?

17. bluescube

bluescube Supporting Member

Yea, a multi-efx pedal for tonecores. 4 module base. That would be sweet.