Tonecore pedals - Hidden Features Unlocked

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Vettavillenl, Oct 13, 2005.

1. Vettavillenl

Vettavillenl Member

There are extra features for all of Line 6's Tonecores pedals.

There's modularity, a way to check coding versions and Tonecores are interchangeable.

Click http://www.vettaville.nl/vvlatestnewsnl.htm#146 to read on see how you can use/apply these features.

2. somedude

somedude Member

Cool.

Now all we need is someone to build us an EPROM and upload all the code onto the internet. :D

3. drbob1

drbob1 Silver Supporting Member

You know, all it needs is a multi-core base with true bypass and Line 6 will have the equivalent of the Korg PME40x. You could insert up to 4 or 6 modules, and have an integrated pedalboard. Now they'll have to start selling the modules separately from the pedals.

4. Vettavillenl

Vettavillenl Member

Nice thought.

5. Don Rusk

Don Rusk Biggus Bearfootus Vendor

Yeah, thats what I do, leave two stereo bases at the end of the chain - one for Echopark and the other rotates between verbzilla, liquiflange and Stero chorus (sometimes Tap trem in panner mode) and then one or to at the front and rotate the filter,Dr.D and the Comp.........and still have plenty of room for other pedals.....

Yes this opens many possibilities for both the bases and modules --- a 'pod live' variant.......... or something like the modelers that would accept three modules or let your imagination run wild ~~~~~:cool:

6. Vettavillenl

Vettavillenl Member

I just uploaded a small video that show how to unlock the modules.

beware 3.9 MB

Vettaville.nl

7. Don Rusk

Yeah in fact I just leave the screws out, as the modules click in place well enough.....maybe put one screw in during rough transport , but its nice to be able to swap pedal sounds without having to yank the plugs and everything....:cool:

8. Vettavillenl

Vettavillenl Member

yep, you're right, As I demonstrated in the video, the springmechanism holds the module in it's place.

I guess even rough transport can't get it to fliip open.

One other nice thing is that the round spring lock can be opened with the powertip. It has the right dimension.

9. Don Rusk

Yeah, I just use my pinky nail in a hurry...;)