• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

Toneczar OTP Fuzz

jruano

New pedal from Ed:

introducing the OTP Fuzz
paying homage to the classic BMP
while correcting its issues and taking the design
to the next level (pics in my IG gallery)
Featuring high-gain NPN Germanium transistors
3 Gain Modes, 4 band active EQ
18v operation, very low noise

No wait lists either. How times have changed.

Sardocasm

cupcakes
Silver Supporting Member
I'm a big fan of Toneczar and this one is definitely intriguing, but I'm pretty inundated with Muff variants.

scotticus

I just put in an order for one of these last week. Looking forward to playing it head to head with my favorite Triangle Muff.

stratovarius

Ed's wait list does not bother me. I have never had to pay anything until he was ready to build. I would not characterize any of the Toneczar pedals that I have tried as clones or variants either. It is apparent that a lot of effort has gone into the design and fabrication of these pedals. They are clearly not for everyone, but I don't believe they are intended to be. I have had nothing but great experiences with Toneczar.

ChaseTMP

Gold Supporting Member
wait til you see the price of the TWO PIECE delay pedal....
I actually owned an Echoczar and Angel Baby back in 2006 and while it sounded great, the subtleties were lost in a band context. I think I sold the units in the emporium for $1800.

ToneIsKing55

Silver Supporting Member
I actually owned an Echoczar and Angel Baby back in 2006 and while it sounded great, the subtleties were lost in a band context. I think I sold the units in the emporium for $1800.
Can only say my experience was vastly different. To me the Echoczar really shined in a band context.

weaksauce

Bought a Powerglide Tremolo from him late last year. He quoted me 3-4 weeks, was shipped out in 2. Best tremolo pedal I’ve ever played. I like its waveforms better than the ‘real’ thing. Super smooth, I guess you could say it ‘glides’ :D

I’d love to try an OTP. Looks different enough from a regular BMP, and I like it has a 4 band... I could never get along with the classic BMP style toneknob.

tonedover

Platinum Supporting Member
More than anything to do with Ed I think these changes indicate an end of an era in the pedal world
King of Tone. Spaceman. Kingsley.

Not quite, methinks. :)
i would agree its not as rabid as it once was 10 years ago when EVERYONE had waiting lists and people were open about flipping for profit. there are still builders with waitlists, yes, but it seems to have decreased.
a great example of prices coming back down to earth was my purchase last year of an an original unit from the first Cbread Wiio run, limited to 100 pieces. back on harmony central these were flipping for $400. i got mine now probably 7 years later for $85 in the emporium. and it wasnt that good.

Flatscan

Silver Supporting Member
It's changed in that players have more quality options, some of which are lower cost.

Absolute willingness to pay hasn't changed.

The need to pay has changed and along with it the related willingness to be treated strangely by a vendor charging a big price.

Bad behavior is hard to want to pay for in this context.

Last edited:

excane

Silver Supporting Member
I have both guitar and bass demos of the OTP on my YouTube channel if anyone is interested.

For what it’s worth, I used the OTP live last weekend and it kills in a band setting. I absolutely love it, and that’s coming from someone who never liked muffs or any variants for many years.

The EQ is ridiculously powerful, 3 gain modes allows cleanup with your volume knob and it’s hands down the highest gain, lowest noise muff you’ll find.

scotticus

I have both guitar and bass demos of the OTP on my YouTube channel if anyone is interested.

For what it’s worth, I used the OTP live last weekend and it kills in a band setting. I absolutely love it, and that’s coming from someone who never liked muffs or any variants for many years.

The EQ is ridiculously powerful, 3 gain modes allows cleanup with your volume knob and it’s hands down the highest gain, lowest noise muff you’ll find.
I enjoyed your demos of both the OTP and the Openhaus EQ, it helped convince me to buy both pedals!

Trending Topics