Toneczar Question

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by JBarlow, Jun 14, 2006.

1. JBarlow

JBarlow Member

Let me preface this by saying that I am in no way trying to seem impatient, as I knew that ordering something from Ed was going to take a long time.

I ordered a Powerglide about 6 months ago. I would like to know if you guys think that it would be rude to contact Ed to inquire about how much longer I can expect? This, again, is not because I am being impatient. I just want to be sure to have the money ready to go for him, and I will be touring a lot in the next few months with unreliable internet access to check if it is ready. I certainly do not want to miss it!

Thanks for your opinions!

--Jason

2. michael dukes

michael dukes Member

Based on what I know of Ed -- and my experience with him has only been over the phone, and only over the past couple of months -- I wouldn't think it'd be a problem to pose the question using the same gentle tone you're using in your post.

michael

3. Kidcactus

Kidcactus Supporting Member

I will be on the list 11 months as of tomorrow. Ed has been nothing short of a gentlemen and a professional when I have been in contact with him. I have talked to him a few times on the phone, and he has always taken time for me.

4. theelectic

theelectic Guest

Rude? No. If you don't want to miss your spot in line, just let him know to call you collect when it's ready. Assuming you'll be touring with a cell phone with nationwide access, etc.

5. bobotwt

bobotwt Supporting Member

Kidcactus,

11 months? Are you waiting on a powerglide or echoczar?

6. Kidcactus

Kidcactus Supporting Member

Echoczar and Angelbaby

7. drolling

drolling Member

I hear what you're saying about having the funds ready when your number comes up - It's been 10 months for me on the E'czar/AngelBaby list and I've saved & blown the money three times over, buying two analogue delays in the process!

One thing to note if you're on the list and haven't visited his site lately - He had a hard disc failure (sound familiar?;)) resulting in the loss of a ton of e-mail info. I dug up our correspondance from last July and sent it off to re-confirm my spot on the list. Everyone should do that ASAP..

8. AshlandBump

AshlandBump Member

The country I come from is called the Midwest.
    I learned about this on H-C, it happened while TGP was down. I reconfirmed with Ed, he indicated that he was in the process of recovering the e-mail data, but it still might be worth an e-mail to him to check.

btw, 12 mos., 2 weeks and counting wait for pre-paid Powerglide.

9. markom89

markom89 Senior Member

so I take it that IM going to be waiting for about a year as of now?...wow, but IM positive that all his products are worth it. In some emails I exchanged with him I told him that I wanted to be amongst the first people to get a halophaze phaser (not released yet) and ed being the nice guy he is promissed me one of the low production numbers and said I should have it a few weeks. So I guess that his phaser will be my first product, I cant wait! Realy a nice guy, responds to emails within a few hours and even within a few minutes sometimes! It all started with me wanting an echoczar and angelbaby, and then powerglide, now phaser, and he also told me hes got some sort of a fuzz in the works called the openhaus fuzz, you can see it in some of the video clips, its the pedal covered by a red cloth. Sounds awsome, according to ed it should be released sometime this summer...Guess whos gonna' be on the list?...lol Im hooked on toneczar products now, theyre the best in everything.

10. DJLantz444

DJLantz444 Senior Member

That's nice.

11. drolling

drolling Member

You're a patient man - I've witnessed more than one pre-paid customer throw temper tantrums right here on this forum.

Come to think of it, I think I've seen a few nasty remarks from people on various waiting lists who've got no money tied up at all - and that's kinda hard for me to understand.

I got on the list after Ed stopped taking advance payment, and I'll be happy to wait as long as it takes - It's not like anyone else is making these unique products..

I'm sure he's taking care of you guys first - which means I probably have plenty of time to save up and then spend the money all over again a couple more times..

12. AshlandBump

AshlandBump Member

The country I come from is called the Midwest.
    It's been less than easy but I'm also aware that Ed had a few obstacles thrown at him over the past year, e.g., an accident with his finger that laid him up a while, etc. I've been in touch with him every so often; if he didn't come off as a genuine guy with a good product, I probably would have bailed by now. Hopefully the wait will be over soon though.