Toneczar Vault wait...

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by fearhk213, Feb 13, 2012.

1. fearhk213

fearhk213 Member

I'm wanting to find out what the average wait time for the Toneczar Vault has been? I'm most curious about the black box wait, but let me know about the polished ones if you know that too.

Thanks,
    Frank

2. fearhk213

fearhk213 Member

Bump for the night crowd

3. zztomato

zztomato Supporting Member

Why don't you just email Ed through his website.
    I just emailed him the other day about the Halophaze wait time- well over a year for the shiny one. :omg
    He will respond.

4. Morningstaru

Morningstaru Member

I think it took a little less than 2 months to get my black vault last summer, not sure where he's at now.

I've tried a slew of octave fuzz boxes since I picked up the vault, none even start to compare :omg
    Get on the list if you aren't already on it, you won't regret it.

5. durbanpoison

durbanpoison Member

I was placed on his Vault waitlist (black) on 5/23/11. Don't know how long I'll have to wait, but I'm sure it will be worth the wait, as Ed's pedals are always top notch, IMHO.

6. whoismarykelly

whoismarykelly Oh look! This is a thing I can change!

Some people that got them right at the start got them pretty quick for beta testing. I imagine the wait is pretty long at this point like all his other stuff. I got a Dove a while back and I think I waited well over 2 years for it.

7. fearhk213

fearhk213 Member

Thanks for the input guys. I didn't want to pester him with another email since I know he's busy, so I figured I'd ask here first. Now I'm wishing I got on the list sooner. Guess I'll just sit back and relax. :cool:

8. shayneallen

shayneallen Member

Sorry to derail... but.... Worth the wait? :)

9. whoismarykelly

whoismarykelly Oh look! This is a thing I can change!

I have one of the original Doves and the one I got after the wait I mentioned is the updated version. I like them for different things. The new one is quite a bit darker than the old one which makes a huge difference depending on the guitar or amp you use. Its one of those things you just have to try for yourself honestly. Some people like them a whole lot and others say they could get along just as well with an OCD. I think price/wait times may have something to do with those sorts of statements though.

10. Adam Zaiger

Adam Zaiger Gold Supporting Member

I got on the list within the last few weeks. Ed said the wait for the polished box was much longer than black "up to 12 months" I think this means the wait for the black box may be less than a year, tough perhaps he meant the wait for the polished is 12 months longer than the wait for the black. I didn't inquire further, as I have too many fuzz pedals already and am happy to wait....especially for one of Ed's pedals. I have most of the line and they are all stellar, really.