• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!
  • If you are seeing this, you are on the new TGP servers. Bear with us as we work out any issues related to the move. The end result should be a far better snappier experience on TGP. *Notice: You can close this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner.

Toneczar waitlist gone???

tremolo3

I don't understand how can he charge $725 for a pedal??! I get it that it is his own will and people will still buy it blindly but.. really? 700 bucks can already set you for a nice Fender MIM guitar and a Vox amp!
Not a fair comparison; Fender and Vox are huge corporations, bro.

Consider most hobbyists musicians don't see gear as actual tools, and that's fine I guess.

JDandCoke

I dig all his pedals but the echoczar will always be a hard sell for me.

At that price youre in the realms of real re201s and binsons. The tape stuff might be less reliable but i bet theyre easier to fix when they do go wrong. Echoczar dying on me mid tour would be a pretty big kick in the nuts

scotticus

I dig all his pedals but the echoczar will always be a hard sell for me.

At that price youre in the realms of real re201s and binsons. The tape stuff might be less reliable but i bet theyre easier to fix when they do go wrong. Echoczar dying on me mid tour would be a pretty big kick in the nuts
Where are you finding functioning echorecs for $1000?

exodus

I too had no issues dealing with Ed, in fact I got Echoczar and Angelbaby in 6 weeks instead of the 8 weeks he quoted. Didn’t ask questions at all. Anyway the Shin-ei Vibe-Bro combo is 998.00 and it’s a vibe pedal.
hahaha...I was just thinking to myself while reading this thread, "guess I shouldn't mention what I paid for my Unique Vibe" (not that its relevant).

cj_wattage

Gotcha. While I’d still love to try an Echoczar, I’d love to OWN a space echo or vintage echorec.
I borrowed an EchoCzar for a couple weeks. I've also owned two Space Echoes. For the same money, the Space Echo is far superior in my opinion (in terms of tone). Of course, the EC is a lot smaller/lighter and more easily portable, which matters a lot for the guy or gal who is hauling gear on the reg. But I mean, they sound nothing alike, so if you want that tape sound and classic modulation, you really need the RE-201...or, you know, an El Capistan, which destroys everything else in terms of tone vs cost vs size vs features.

In my opinion, of course. :)

And for the record, after owning and/or extensively demoing dozens of delay pedals and tape echoes, the one I still have on my board is a DMM XO (lightly moded by me to extend the max delay time). But I do plan to pick up another El Cap because it's such a great value for what you get... again, in my opinion. A ton of other guys love the EchoCzar and it's the only thing that works for them. I totally respect that.

scotticus

I borrowed an EchoCzar for a couple weeks. I've also owned two Space Echoes. For the same money, the Space Echo is far superior in my opinion (in terms of tone). Of course, the EC is a lot smaller/lighter and more easily portable, which matters a lot for the guy or gal who is hauling gear on the reg. But I mean, they sound nothing alike, so if you want that tape sound and classic modulation, you really need the RE-201...or, you know, an El Capistan, which destroys everything else in terms of tone vs cost vs size vs features.

In my opinion, of course. :)

And for the record, after owning and/or extensively demoing dozens of delay pedals and tape echoes, the one I still have on my board is a DMM XO (lightly moded by me to extend the max delay time). But I do plan to pick up another El Cap because it's such a great value for what you get... again, in my opinion. A ton of other guys love the EchoCzar and it's the only thing that works for them. I totally respect that.
Thanks for the insight!

tinkercity

Silver Supporting Member
Had my Echoczar for years it's a great unit, that said the moog 104m is my favorite delay and is in the same ballpark as far as the cost. I can't catch a break lol! It's all good, I really don't care how much something is if I " think" I need it. Priorities you know.. I like the guys stuff but I do agree this might be too little and too late. the market is too flooded with pedals currently for anyone to really care.
Killer board. What's that FF? Just gave a follow on IG ;)

Tompski

Gold Supporting Member
I waited on the list years ago and got an Echoczar but couldn’t justify owning such an exclusive pedal , I sold it on eBay, people went a bit crazy for it and I was able to buy a used but mint DRRI for £650 which would be unheard of now. I have been modding and playing that amp for years and it’s a beauty! I think these pedals are gorgeous, and my dealings with Toneczar were friendly and professional, but the fact I was able to recycle an expensive pedal in to an amp must have some perspective?

Occam

Gold Supporting Member
Ive wanted a vault, opemhause and dove for years but I just cant justify the prices when there are so many 'equal' pedals i want to try at half or a third the price

Vault for 250 id be all over
Show me an equal Vault and I’ll buy two, till then, I’m keeping mine.

pup tentacle

Gold Supporting Member
I too had no issues dealing with Ed, in fact I got Echoczar and Angelbaby in 6 weeks instead of the 8 weeks he quoted. Didn’t ask questions at all. Anyway the Shin-ei Vibe-Bro combo is 998.00 and it’s a vibe pedal.
The fact the Vibe-Bro is horribly overpriced doesn't help justify the overpricing of other pedals, and for $998 they could at least put a symmetry control on that thing.

Adam Zaiger

Gold Supporting Member
Ed has always been awesome with me. He genuinely wants people to be happy with his products, hence the questions, and calling him a jerk is totally out-of-line. Don't you think it would really be a bummer to buy one of his pedals after a long wait and then find out it didn't work for you (for a reason that he could have easily explained before you put your name on the list)?

JDandCoke

Show me an equal Vault and I’ll buy two, till then, I’m keeping mine.
Guess I meant, pedal I'd equally like to try.

Vault looks/sounds wicked but I'd also like to try so many others. It just doesn't make sense for me to 'try' the 1000$ pedal first in case I like it when I could try much cheaper pedals that I also might like.
I think if you've already had hands on time with it, and it works for you then that's $ justified, it's much harder to justify vs other pedals when it's still a 'maybe' pedal.

Trending Topics