1. The Rules have been updated regarding posting as a business on TGP. Thread with details here: Thread Here
    Dismiss Notice

Toneczar.......

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Mojoman, Nov 18, 2005.

1. Mojoman

Mojoman Supporting Member

Hey guys,
    Just wanted to share my excitment. I just got on the wait list for an Echoczar, an Angelbaby, and a Powerglide.
    After listening to all the clips and thinking for a bit, I decided to just take the jump.
    Now the waiting begins.......
    So make me want them even more......

2. Chrissy

Chrissy Member

Ohhh yes! Good on you for getting on the list. I'm an absolute Powerglide fan - it's a classic pedal already in my opinion, just such a musical box regardless of whether you have it set subtle or obvious. Love my EC+AB too and am so happy to have found a delay that leaves the punch of my dry signal intact when added in. I had used a few delays up till then that always made me disappear when kicked in, but the Echoczar give me the ambience without the mush.

Hope the wait goes quick!
    Chris

3. Mojoman

Thanks Chrissy......it is great to hear that you like them all so much. Can you tell me a little more about the angelbaby? I cannot wait for these to come. It just looks like it is going to be amazing.......

4. Shon Kornfeld

Shon Kornfeld Member

dont forget about the Exp pedal.. i love having control of the EC's repeats.. ive written a couple tunes where the EC is on most of the time, on the demo i did some overdubs with crazy self oscillating notes, and since getting the Exp pedal now i can do that "live"... its a really useful tool.. EC owners, you gotta get one! and i know most of you dont cause i have EC #38 and Exp # 7 or something hehe

5. Chrissy

Chrissy Member

Mojoman,

The AB is a brilliant addition to the EC and adds a really 3D character to the repeats. The 3 different voices give it a lot of flexibility and you can go from very slow to super fast modulation. I love to set it as a fairly subtle shimmer to the repeats, rather than it being a real detune effect, but that's just my taste. It's also great having that added third delay channel with its own delay time.

chris

6. Mojoman

Thanks for the reply Chris.......I am really looking forward to these. I think it will just bring my board together completely.
    Anyone else with experiences?
    How about some more soundclips from you guys.......instead of the sites.

7. basscracker

basscracker Guest

clip05 - echoczar with more mystery fuzz

hmm,could this be a toneczar fuzz?for those who have not seen the clips there is a pedal covered up with a rag,watch'ca hiding there mr. toneczar?;)

8. Shon Kornfeld

Shon Kornfeld Member

BTW im a crack smoker and my EXP pedal is #30, not #7... here is a pic of my Toneczar pedalboard :dude

[​IMG]

9. JKoeth

JKoeth Supporting Member

You're gonna dig it...

When my Powerglide is completed I will rule the world!!!!

10. Mojoman

This is gonna be a rough 6 months :D but seems like it will be worth it. At least I got a Memory Lane for my delays now.
    Cannot wait though......
    Anyone have any other clips?!?!?!?!?

11. jivebaby

jivebaby Member

six months? ha!
    I'm going on my seventh month of waiting and I paid up front.

Mike

12. Chrissy

Chrissy Member

Shon,

You had me worried for a second - cos mine is #0007!!! :)
    Nice board by the way.

Chris

13. Robzilla

Robzilla Member

i would love to see your board! :)

14. Chrissy

Chrissy Member

Hi Rob,

I must've missed this...

Digital camera's bust at the moment but here's the current line-up. (I'll post a pic as soon as I have a camera.)

AnalogMan Sun Face NKT275
    ProAnalog Power Driver
    Tone Czar Powerglide
    Tone Czar Echo Czar & Angelbaby
    Peterson Strobostomp

This is after SEVERELY reducing my pedals over the last year. Feel like I've got the cream of the crop for what I like to do. My Klon is not on board at the moment beacause I couldn't fit everything on my smaller board and I'm reluctant to go back to my aircraft carrier...

Some of the stuff that's near a permanent spot on the board is:

Lockhardt Tone Wizard
    BSM HS-C or AnalogMan Beano Boost or Keeley Java Boost (still deciding)

Also have a ZenDrive that will hopefully make it here soon (been 2 months and counting)...

What fun!
    Chris

15. Robzilla

Robzilla Member

sounds great! :)

you've been through alot of downsizing then, didn't you have the big, big, big board with the gigrig?

thnx for posting :)

16. duende

duende Member

Chrissy,

Our boards are VERY close...

But unlike you, I pulled the peterson, and left my Klon. :D I love the way the Klon works with the PD!! Are you using the EC Exp. Pedal live?? I'm serioulsy thinking about getting one, but I'm not into adding yet another pedal to my board. Right now, I already have a wah and a volume pedal on the floor next to it.

Getting crowded if you know what I mean...

17. iainmc

iainmc Member

i've been on the list since July & am jonesing...

for those who are running echoczars not, what power supply are you using? did the angelbaby require another power line?

/i

18. JKoeth

JKoeth Supporting Member

It didn't require another power line. The AB is powered by the Echoczar. I'm using the new Juicebox 3.0. It's great.

19. Chrissy

Chrissy Member

That's correct. I think i might wire things up with the gig rig again in fact. It's such a convenient unit (giving the option of multiple on/off of effects on one footswitch) and also now that I have a few more effects in line again it'll keep the cable runs to a minimum.

Think I need to lay out a medium size board and go for it!

20. Chrissy

Chrissy Member

I thought they might be by now! :)

Klon + PD - I actually forgot to try stacking those two... do you have the Klon last in line (after the PD?).

The expression pedal is really nice for going from one repeat to mayhem and let's you ride that zone where your picking attack can take the EC almost into feedback but not quite - sort of touch sensitive. I'm not sure if it's something you'd use often enough to warrant having the pedal on the board but I'm considerĂ­ng it...