Tonespeak Speakers

unless I am mistaken, Anthony Lucas seems to have left Eminence and joined MISCO to build this Tonespeak speaker line, hasn’t he?

looks to be the same person with just a bit more age and a remake since this picture at .eminence…

I like Eminence products, and I would suspect that there will naturally be some similariteis.

Last edited:

fiveightandten

Silver Supporting Member
Tonespeak, I know how you feel.
rs-7304-20121008-nodoubt-thumb-624x420-1349727483.jpg

Prince

Silver Supporting Member
I'm curious about these speakers. I wonder what classic speaker each model is based on, how close they are to their Eminence predecessors, or if they are original designs. The smart marketing move would to have been to make the IRs free or heavily discounted, so folks could "sample" the speakers before purchasing them. $25 for 12 IRs is way too expensive.

I also just ran across this other music business when looking at a local venue. Hopefully there won't be any brand name issues.

ALucas

Hi Guys, This is Anthony Lucas. I saw this post and wanted to clear some things up. I worked for Eminence for 26 years. Most of it in product design. Josh Martin (sales) and I were let go from Eminence last July when they decided to downsize during the pandemic. We partnered with Misco to create ToneSpeak. Josh and I have other jobs now, but our passion is guitar tone and designing and producing the best guitar speakers on the planet. We couldn't imagine not working with musicians anymore. I'm not going to say much about the brand here, as I don't want to break the rules of this great forum. I'll check the forum rules, but I think it's ok to answer your questions. And FYI, WGS was not started by Eminence people. There is no affiliation there. Be well!!

rreiser

Silver Supporting Member
Good luck in the new endeavor ! I always appreciated your good service when I had questions on speakers. You may be producing too many speakers to pull this off, but it would great if you had a break-in service for an additional fee.

Last edited:
Hi Guys, This is Anthony Lucas. I saw this post and wanted to clear some things up. I worked for Eminence for 26 years. Most of it in product design. Josh Martin (sales) and I were let go from Eminence last July when they decided to downsize during the pandemic. We partnered with Misco to create ToneSpeak. Josh and I have other jobs now, but our passion is guitar tone and designing and producing the best guitar speakers on the planet. We couldn't imagine not working with musicians anymore. I'm not going to say much about the brand here, as I don't want to break the rules of this great forum. I'll check the forum rules, but I think it's ok to answer your questions. And FYI, WGS was not started by Eminence people. There is no affiliation there. Be well!!
One of the nicest guys in the business. Always answered my email questions, sometimes the same day I sent it. Hard to believe Eminence would let you go. Wow. That and the recent price increases on Eminence speakers make me wonder if they are gonna be around.

JackD

Gold Supporting Member
I have heard some great things about these speakers. I am going put in an order after the New Year to check 'em out :)

One of the nicest guys in the business. Always answered my email questions, sometimes the same day I sent it. Hard to believe Eminence would let you go. Wow. That and the recent price increases on Eminence speakers make me wonder if they are gonna be around.

I suppose that since Celestion can charge the exorbitant prices they charge for their Made in China products that Eminence
should not be concerned if they have to up their prices to maintain U.S. production in the face of the increases in the prices for…well…everything in this age of Covid.
Imho, MIC Celestions should be retailed at about 33% of what they bring in the market. Those Celestion labels are expensive, I tell you!!!!

robyogi

Ampaholic
Gold Supporting Member
I have a Birmingham and a Liverpool. I have the Birmingham broken in, and am still breaking in the Liverpool. I'll report back when I have more time with them, but first impressions are really good so far.

Top Bottom