• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Too Much Fuzz: Circuits to Cure Cancer

drbob1

Gold Supporting Member
I bid on a few things and one more of them than I expected...

1. Tim Cooper/FuzzfacelessFx Mk 1 Tonebender in a custom finish. This features art from my sons "free art" project in NYC-computer generated stencils painted on cardboard (check it out at: http://www.davesmithnyc.com). The cosmetics are super cool and the tiny little LED in the fish eye is a kick. But the sounds are better. I don't own a Mk I, so it's a new departure-very high gain, everything from smooth sustain to pretty velcro. It isn't as smooth as my DAM Mk II, or as polite as a Ge Fuzzface, but it IS very cool. Thanks, Tim!

2. Prototype Zvex Fat Fuzz Factory-the only thing unusual about it is the different color, no pics at the moment. The same mayhem as my original FF with the addition of the bass boost. Nice that they were able to save the chaos and extend the usefulness a bit.

3. Park Fuzz-courtesy of the guys at Earthquaker, who also contributed almost all of their pedals. WAY TO GO! Anyway, It's a tone bender with a tilt style EQ-fully CCW is very bright and mosquito-like, fully CW is very bassy, almost Big Muff (with which there's a lot of shared architecture, I guess). Some velcro at some settings but mostly just big fuzz sound. Since I've got a few MK IIs but no Mk 1 or Mk III variants, this is very cool!

Ruiner

That first one sure is pretty.

I almost bought the one of a kind Smallsound/Bigsound Buzzz edition and i'm still kicking myself for not... although i think it went for like $600 or $700 by the end....

drbob1

Gold Supporting Member
I thought he did a great job with the artwork, and the circuit is sanitary as heck. The sound, now that's a little less sanitary!

TAVD

Guitar Player
Platinum Supporting Member
Somehow I missed that Fuzzfaceless auction but I still got a few fuzzes for my donation.

Nice score, Bob. I bet it sounds at least as great as it looks.

Trending Topics