Too much safe stuff makes me sleepy!!!!

lhallam

Platinum Supporting Member
What I love the most about your playing is not the amazing technical ability or even the note choice but the "go for it" attitude that permeates throughout.

Don't ever play it safe Ed, reckless abandon is what makes your playing so unique, fresh and exciting. :dude

Tag

Platinum Supporting Member
:eek: GREAT playing Ed!! If you would mix in some slower, more deliberate and melodic passages, it would make that stuff way more mind blowing that it already is. Do it just for me. :dude In any case, you are really hearing it!!

jmcerlain

Silver Supporting Member
Ed,

I couldn't catch that 17th 64th note in the 21st measure, I think it was a Bb. Let me know if I'm right.

Jeff

:D

Ed DeGenaro

Silver Supporting Member
You guys are killing me. This was just done as a Buckethead like throwaway fun wank!!!! :)
Thanks for listening.

S

Scribe

You're next move is to study Indian music and master the 17 note scale then combine your playing with some genius tabla player.

Ed DeGenaro

Silver Supporting Member
Originally posted by Scribe
You're next move is to study Indian music and master the 17 note scale then combine your playing with some genius tabla player.
Actually eventually I will tackle L.Shankars Who's To Know on freless!!! :)

S

Scribe

Originally posted by Ed DeGenaro
Actually eventually I will tackle L.Shankars Who's To Know on freless!!! :)
The more I think about it, you are pushing the envelope toward the Eastern sound. They don't concern themselves with harmony very much but their tabla guys have every note worked out into these intricate patterns. The melodies are so loaded with information. Hundreds of variations in a single line and fast. The players a phrasing together all the time.

I would really like to hear a dialog between you and one of those guys. The top ones could duplicate all your rhythm and phrasing patterns and then some.

Ed DeGenaro

Silver Supporting Member
Originally posted by Scribe
The more I think about it, you are pushing the envelope toward the Eastern sound. They don't concern themselves with harmony very much but their tabla guys have every note worked out into these intricate patterns. The melodies are so loaded with information. Hundreds of variations in a single line and fast. The players a phrasing together all the time.

I would really like to hear a dialog between you and one of those guys. The top ones could duplicate all your rhythm and phrasing patterns and then some.
Hmmm... I best go back to the woodshed a lot then!!

Trending Topics