Too much Tremolo?

Discussion in 'Member Video and Sound Clips' started by Tommy Biggs, Jan 26, 2012.

1. Tommy Biggs

Tommy Biggs Silver Supporting Member

Hi all,
    I'm debating the use of trem throughout this tune (LP - Diamond trem through a nice little Marshall 2204) - It's the 2d time we played the tune, so it's rough, and it's only recorded on a handheld Yamaha pockettrack.

But I love that trem, and hated to break from it in the tune even though I know a little goes a long way...
    http://soundcloud.com/applesaucemary/ic-a-021
    I'll appreciate any and all comments.

Here's another track recorded when this band was last together (recorded on 4 track tape in a basement)
    http://soundcloud.com/applesaucemary/sometimes

We've just gotten back recently after a long layoff and some forays into cover and tribute bands. This band will do these original tracks and covers to fill out sets.

Any comments?

2. Bopper

Bopper Member

I love the trem as well, makes the track special,go for it ! I like the way you let the vocal be heard,then attack the guitar in between.Try to hit some more of the high e and the b string,though.Could be the mix that causes the guitar to sound dark,I know.
    The other track is great as well, The Stones with a female singer,good job :)

3. Tommy Biggs

Thanks - Brighten it up sounds like good advice.
    Yeah definitely on the stonesy side, I keep tyring to follow modern influences - but I guess I am what I am!

4. scmavl

scmavl Enjoyer Silver Supporting Member

Trem sounds great. Good song, tasteful playing.

5. Tommy Biggs

thank you, I know the chorus in the song needs to be refined - we're working through those things. I was worried about too much of a good thing...
    Thanks.

6. pinner

pinner Silver Supporting Member

I think it fits very well. Adds a great feel to the song.