• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Too much Tremolo?

Tommy Biggs

Gold Supporting Member
Hi all,
I'm debating the use of trem throughout this tune (LP - Diamond trem through a nice little Marshall 2204) - It's the 2d time we played the tune, so it's rough, and it's only recorded on a handheld Yamaha pockettrack.

But I love that trem, and hated to break from it in the tune even though I know a little goes a long way...
http://soundcloud.com/applesaucemary/ic-a-021
I'll appreciate any and all comments.

Here's another track recorded when this band was last together (recorded on 4 track tape in a basement)
http://soundcloud.com/applesaucemary/sometimes

We've just gotten back recently after a long layoff and some forays into cover and tribute bands. This band will do these original tracks and covers to fill out sets.

Any comments?

Bopper

I love the trem as well, makes the track special,go for it ! I like the way you let the vocal be heard,then attack the guitar in between.Try to hit some more of the high e and the b string,though.Could be the mix that causes the guitar to sound dark,I know.
The other track is great as well, The Stones with a female singer,good job :)

Tommy Biggs

Gold Supporting Member
Thanks - Brighten it up sounds like good advice.
Yeah definitely on the stonesy side, I keep tyring to follow modern influences - but I guess I am what I am!

Tommy Biggs

Gold Supporting Member
thank you, I know the chorus in the song needs to be refined - we're working through those things. I was worried about too much of a good thing...
Thanks.

Trending Topics