• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!
  • If you are seeing this, you are on the new TGP servers. Bear with us as we work out any issues related to the move. The end result should be a far better snappier experience on TGP. *Notice: You can close this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner.

Took a great shot of the "Gear Corner" - share yours too!

Norm N Playin

Wow. So many great pictures of corner, room and studio set ups, rigs and gear.
Perhaps this could serve as the base for a new reality show, TGP: Cribs.
Very inspiring.
Mine is all spread along a wall or two, mingled with non-related items and other clutter. ("...but it's organized clutter." ...that's what I tell my wife.)
I will try to post a pic of the main gear currently in use.

Last edited:

Dr.Lee

That's fantastic! What's outside the windows?

Is it not crushingly loud in there with the tile floor?
Thank you! So this space was originally a second family room in our house. We bought the place with the idea of the room being a rehearsal space / studio. My wife and I have too much gear for a bedroom, and in Santa Fe, NM, there are very few usable basements. So the gear gets the showroom treatment. We added the french doors, lighting, tile, paint, etc...The windows look out into our backyard, which lets in plenty of light and air when needed;)

Because the room is visible from our family and dining room, I wanted to keep the room looking nice as possible while still being functional. So having the saltillo tile match the rest of the house was really important. To keep the reflections at a minimum, I added color coordinated rugs. Subsequently, the space has a nice live sound.

In addition to the rugs for sound dampening, but not in the picture to the left, are floor to ceiling built-in book cases housing lots of mass by the way of books and recording gear., trapping bass frequencies and excess volume. Also the walls are all insulated. That makes the room very pleasant sounding even with a full band. There are other instruments in the room to the left as well including a full bass rig.

I have made quite a few recordings in the space, if you are curious how a live room like that might end up sounding. Specifically for the attached, the drums were live tracked in the room itself. This recording is a cover song that my newest band did... the band that was just getting off the ground as the virus hit:(:

[soundcloud]

Last edited:

krisharmony

Silver Supporting Member
That's a lovely looking Deluxe Reverb tucked in the back there!
Thanks! Just got it today from David Allen. It was on his misc/used gear page; a late '70s DR chasis that was given a new cabinet and he Blackface'd. Sounds great!

Some of the amps.

Deluxe Amplification 6G15

Lots of chord storage

Mostly the pedal collection.

A bit less than half of the guitar collection

Synths, Chords, Recording Equipment of various assortments

Pedalboards and various small synths. Part of hot sauce collection stored down there as well.

specialidiot

most likely to seceede
Platinum Supporting Member
Some of the amps.

Deluxe Amplification 6G15

Lots of chord storage

Mostly the pedal collection.

A bit less than half of the guitar collection

Synths, Chords, Recording Equipment of various assortments

Pedalboards and various small synths. Part of hot sauce collection stored down there as well.
Nice “corner”

Trending Topics