• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Took The Pickup Cover off My Tele Neck Pickup

ThugLife

I was taking the pots out of this one Tele of mine last night in anticipation of my new RS Tele kit and I decided to take the neck pickup cover off while I had the pickguard off. I think I like it!! What do you all think :crazy

I won't know what it sounds like until I get the RS kit, but if I don't like the tone, I can just put it back on.

I put a Strat pup, no cover, in the neck of a Tele, along with a 4-way switch. Looks cool, and sounds wonderful! Shades of Jerry Donahue.

redgold

Silver Supporting Member
I did that once and the pickup died on me... I think exposing the coil windings like that can be risky.

Ray

usc96

Looks cool. Once you get everything hooked up, let us know how does it sounds?

ThugLife

thanks. I've got an RS kit on the way so I gotta wait for the tone challenge. I'll try to post a clip when it's all finished!!

mcknigs

Silver Supporting Member
I've got a Bill Lawrence pup in the neck of my Mexican Tele. I don't know how similar it is to the construction of the Fender pup sans cover, but I have several friends with the same neck pup and we all have problems with the high E getting stuck under the top lip of the bobbin. Here's a thread about it on the BL Forum, which describes the problem I had and the solution I finally found.

http://guitarsbyfender.yuku.com/reply/52013/t/Tele-Neck-Pickup-Covers.html#reply-52013

-Scott

Rumble

Instrumental Rocker
Gold Supporting Member
Have recently put a cover on my old '80s partscaster (w/1986 Duncan rhythm and Broadcaster), and I can't tell a big diff, the neck is still kinda noisy. I mostly use the bridge p/up anyway though. As far as looks goes, I like them either way. Maybe I'll chop the cover in half for a new look!

Trending Topics