• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Toontrack has some nice deals up.

JCantrell

Seriously thinking about SD3 but it's a lot of coin for software. Maybe one SDX would be enough... the new fields of rock one looks good. But then also hansa, rock legacy and the bob rock one seem great too.

ProfRhino

all I see is legacy stuff ... :rolleyes:
they haven't had a single SDX sale so far for titles that came out since Superior 3, that's been like 3 years and counting ... :barf
with software I have a strict "no deal > no purchase" policy, so my BF money will go elsewhere, once more ...
ymmv,
Rhino

ProfRhino

Seriously thinking about SD3 but it's a lot of coin for software. Maybe one SDX would be enough... the new fields of rock one looks good. But then also hansa, rock legacy and the bob rock one seem great too.
SD3 is superb, no two ways about it. :aok
however - if you're new to the party, I would recommend to find a good price for the older Music City, and Progressive Foundry SDX libraries, these are on sale atm, they still sound incredible, and together with the SD3 library they will cover all the bases for rock & pop styles ... :idea
like I wrote above, the newer SDX titles are still way too expensive.
wait for an attractive deal with these ...
ymmv,
Rhino

J.T.

Silver Supporting Member
Picked up EZ Mix 2 for $39 and EZ Drummer 2 for $70 this week. Hoping to see either or both EZ Keys and EZ Bass on sale tomorrow

Hefalump

Picked up EZ Mix 2 for $39 and EZ Drummer 2 for $70 this week. Hoping to see either or both EZ Keys and EZ Bass on sale tomorrow
I bought the ezkeys string machine on sale for aprox 65% off then you can buy whatever other ones you want as expansion packs.....expansion packs are on sale for 53 each now regular price on those is 99.

J.T.

Silver Supporting Member
ey Vyper.
I bought the ezkeys string machine on sale for aprox 65% off then you can buy whatever other ones you want as expansion packs.....expansion packs are on sale for 53 each now regular price on those is 99.

I thought that was an expansion. Does EZ Keys have a main program or any of them do the same thing?

Ozan

Did they have Ezbass BF sale last year? I have been waiting for it so that i could complete my ultimate bundle in cart: Ezdrummer 2 & Ezkeys & Ezmix.

Dave M

Silver Supporting Member
I'm interested to know what EZX packs EZ2 users have, why, and what music they're using them with.

feet

sexual visionary
Silver Supporting Member

here's the link for the curious ones. honestly, $48 is pretty generous for an sdx, even if they are older ones. i might consider a few things i don't really need just because it's cheap or just to have the midi. i'll comb through the ez keys midi, too. do these rotate daily or are they on sale all week? not overly interested in ny3 or metal foundry but they're cheap, so... :dunno but if they rotate what's on sale i might be more inclined to wait. i'm pretty sure the new stuff i'm actually willing to buy isn't going to go on sale, though.

would love to know if the midi included in metal foundry is the same that can be found in the metalheads midi, which is "derived" from the metalheads ezx. but they are both thomas haake and daniel bergsrand, so... again, :dunno really wish they were more clear and forthcoming out this kind of thing. they usually just tell you "xyz" is the same midi from "xyz" ezx or whatever.

Last edited:

+NRG

Did they have Ezbass BF sale last year? I have been waiting for it so that i could complete my ultimate bundle in cart: Ezdrummer 2 & Ezkeys & Ezmix.
EZbass is the only thing I’m interested in so probably no sale for that this year B )

dudu

If there is ONE SDX worth having (I have many), it is Rock Foundry. Bob Rock is leagues above other producers in the drum department, IMHO. Listen to the cymbals. In his kits they sound like cymbals should sound. In others they do not, instead they have an overpowering attack that is very difficult to tame. His drums are a lot more dynamic as well.

ProfRhino

would love to know if the midi included in metal foundry is the same that can be found in the metalheads midi, which is "derived" from the metalheads ezx
different. :idea
I have both ...
to be honest, both are pretty much useless, unless you're into extreme metal.
the samples are good and universally usable, though, if you do your own mix.

btw, to whom it concerns - SD3 is the first time I do drum mixes completely in the plugin, no multi-outs.
only a UA tape and API 2500 on the drum bus. :cool:

ymmv,
Rhino

feet

sexual visionary
Silver Supporting Member
If there is ONE SDX worth having (I have many), it is Rock Foundry. Bob Rock is leagues above other producers in the drum department, IMHO. Listen to the cymbals. In his kits they sound like cymbals should sound. In others they do not, instead they have an overpowering attack that is very difficult to tame. His drums are a lot more dynamic as well.
maybe that's why they didn't include it in the sale :facepalm maybe for black friday 2043.

different. :idea
I have both ...
to be honest, both are pretty much useless, unless you're into extreme metal.
the samples are good and universally usable, though, if you do your own mix.

btw, to whom it concerns - SD3 is the first time I do drum mixes completely in the plugin, no multi-outs.
only a UA tape and API 2500 on the drum bus. :cool:

ymmv,
Rhino
i don't doubt it. i couldn't be less of a 11/16 to 9/6 and back again drummer, but future breed machine is one of my all time favorite songs to pretend i can play along to so to have it as a midi file is quite the temptation, and the only thing i really care about here. i see it more as a learning tool for actual drumming than something i'm going to use to write songs with. take a section or two, slow them down and take them apart. but as songs, it mostly sounds like you're bouncing around in a dryer.

so the midi in the sdx cannot be found in the ezx (and vice versa), but the ezx midi is the same as the standalone midi pack. got it. i guess i could get just the midi, then. mildly curious about the whole sdx for the price, but not actually "i would pay for this" curious. i'll think about this. but i'm grateful for your help.

Ozan

EZbass is the only thing I’m interested in so probably no sale for that this year B )

That's pity, it already had been 1 year or more since release. I guess this is because they do not have any matching competitor in this area, just like SD3.

SolidGuitar

Am considering the Progressive EZX ($24 at Sweetwater).

I'm not super impressed with the demos and reviews, but... $24. Any thoughts?

ProfRhino

maybe that's why they didn't include it in the sale :facepalm maybe for black friday 2043.

i don't doubt it. i couldn't be less of a 11/16 to 9/6 and back again drummer, but future breed machine is one of my all time favorite songs to pretend i can play along to so to have it as a midi file is quite the temptation, and the only thing i really care about here. i see it more as a learning tool for actual drumming than something i'm going to use to write songs with. take a section or two, slow them down and take them apart. but as songs, it mostly sounds like you're bouncing around in a dryer.

so the midi in the sdx cannot be found in the ezx (and vice versa), but the ezx midi is the same as the standalone midi pack. got it. i guess i could get just the midi, then. mildly curious about the whole sdx for the price, but not actually "i would pay for this" curious. i'll think about this. but i'm grateful for your help.

for a drummer it might well be inspirational, or even transpirational, dunno. :dunno

I was merely trying to describe my impressons about what's included, not judging those styles ...
so ymmv,
Rhino

Trending Topics

Top Bottom