toontrack versus logic pro x for guitar practice

jazzyguy

hello guy im wondering which of these two software is better to create tracks to practices scales and chords in diferent tones and styles like rock, pop, blues and jazz?

i just want to have the drum and the bass as a track and start to play!!!
also i want know if there is any software wich can remove the guitar part of a song to practice too

thanks for your time i hope you can help out with a good advices

djcarolino

I have both. The loops in Logic are great, however when you change the tempo of the loop, the quality of the drum loop slightly degrades, especially if it's a recorded loop (not MIDI). In EZDrummer, the quality of the drum loops remain unchanged when you adjust the tempo. Logic is somewhat better if you want to edit the drum track or add embellishments on a track, EZ drummer as a standalone program is a little harder to edit as it gives you few options. If you do recording as well, I'd say get Logic Pro, but if you just want to practice with drum tracks, I'd go for toontrack.

I typically use EZdrummer as a plugin in Logic because you can edit MIDI in the drum loop in Logic easier to your own liking. If you're just practicing, EZdrummer is great due to its simplicity, ease of use, and user friendly interface.

jazzyguy

I have both. The loops in Logic are great, however when you change the tempo of the loop, the quality of the drum loop slightly degrades, especially if it's a recorded loop (not MIDI). In EZDrummer, the quality of the drum loops remain unchanged when you adjust the tempo. Logic is somewhat better if you want to edit the drum track or add embellishments on a track, EZ drummer as a standalone program is a little harder to edit as it gives you few options. If you do recording as well, I'd say get Logic Pro, but if you just want to practice with drum tracks, I'd go for toontrack.

I typically use EZdrummer as a plugin in Logic because you can edit MIDI in the drum loop in Logic easier to your own liking. If you're just practicing, EZdrummer is great due to its simplicity, ease of use, and user friendly interface.
thanks so much for your advices i have the logic pro but i just can do it work to be honest im a rookie in the software world so i was thinking about toontrack i hope i can do well with the toontrack

thanks again

I've been using logic for a few years and I just got toontracks ezdrummer 2. For practicing, logic x's drummer is fine and I like a couple off their bass amp models and some of their keyboards so I find it really easy to just lay down a groove to play over. However, the quality of the drum samples in toontrack are better so I will be using that for demos.

The thing that prompted me to get ezdrummer is the type of beat I'm looking for. There isn't much in the way of country rock/ folk where toontrack has some expansion packs that are really good at that.

A bonus is that ezdrummer is a really cool songwriting tool for rhythmic dummies like me. The samples are broken up into chorus/verse/intro/fill sections. It can even suggest song forms if you're really lazy. And sometimes I am when I'm writing on my own and need some kind of kick in a different direction.

For me, if I was just practicing soloing and playing through changes, I would be fine with just logic x though.YMMV. Toontrack is great and has its uses though. I like having both.

jazzyguy

Logic is fine but I think you are looking for IReal Pro.
i will check the ireal pro, basically i want a drum and a bass lines to practice de scales the modes and chords, even when i have the logic pro i cant use a drum track with a bass line becuase the pregram said taht i have to choose another channel output.

thanks for the advice