• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

Top 3 Pedal Companies: the poll!

What are your top 3 pedal companies?

• Total voters

Trick Fall

I chose Boss and EHX. EHX is definitely my favorite, but lately I've been buying a lot of Boss pedals. I've never been a huge fan of their dirt pedals though. I didn't choose a third as my third favorite would either be Digitech/DOD, Tech 21.

Spider Mark

Based on what I have (not a large collection by TGP standards) in the poll:

EQD: 6 pedals and GASing for an Aqueduct, Speaker Cranker, Hoof Reaper and Avalanche Run or Space Spiral and ... maybe an EQD board
Boss: 3 pedals and should get myself a BD-2 like I keep intending and a couple of others
EHX: 2 pedals, maybe I'd like a Deluxe Memory Man or Pog

Not in the poll, just personal preferences from my limited collection (there are plenty of good pedal makers whose products I have not tried):

AmpTweaker
Black Arts Toneworks
Spaceman
Bondi Effects

mici

All I ever need is Boss, Dunlop and Maxon/Ibanez.

Dunlop Wah, Boss Tuner, OD-9/TS-9, DD-3 and I'm good to go and rock the world!

HesNot

Silver Supporting Member
On my actual board I have a bunch of different things - TC, Keeley, Paul Cochrane, EQD, Teletronix, Boss, Catalinbread, Wampler and MXR...

One benefit of the current market (as well as perhaps a dilemma) is the amazing range of high quality pedals available...

MoonshineMan

I have two pedals from 4 different makers, so i picked the three that were listed. Putting MXER and Dunlop together actually makes 3 from them (Script 90, Micro Flanger and Echo Puss). I also have two from AM, two from Fulltone, and two from BMF (not listed as a choice).

marshcj

Boss, MXR family, and EHX.

How can you go wrong with the companies that make the Big Muff, Electric Mistress, Phase 90, Carbon Copy, CryBaby Wah, Dyna Comp, Micro Amp, EchoPlex, SD-1, CE-2, TU-3, and DD-7?

Blues Wail

For me I have more MXR products than any other, then Lovepedal and Barber. historically. Boss, Mayer, D.O.D. Dunlop, Ibanez, E H X, Digitech, Pro co Rat Dano, Digitech. So, again. The top three is what I own the most of. Then, in no particular order, the following ten are just my opinion on companies that have sold the most through the years.

Kirr

Pigtronix
Wampler
Catalinbread

The above is for actual pedal companies. But since I built most of stuff I use, my actual list should be Fuzzdog, BYOC, Madbean.

DeVilleDude

Based on what I own the most of...
Wampler-3. 2 drives, one fuzz
Dingotone-3. boost, drive, and fuzz
Joyo-9! All 4 amp sims, trem, chorus, flanger, phase, and the sweet Sweet Baby.
But my favorite companies are EHX (QTron, Pitchfork) and Source Audio (Orb, with Nemesis and Ventris coming soon)

fishlog

Silver Supporting Member
Surprised catalinbread is mentioned more for me they where the first company I remember doing the whole amp in a pedal thing.

Trending Topics