• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Top cab IR's

sf audio

I've got an espi coming to use with my 11 rack...going to see if it makes a difference.

For the band I'm in I play mostly clean with a bit of overdrive, so looking for IR's for fender type cabs and sounds, which I guess means less midrange snot. Recommendations?

Thanks

clintmartin

There are a ton out there. Most of them good.
You may want to try the Ownhammer DLXVRB IRs. 1X12 Fender Deluxe reverb. Ownhammer is always a popular choice.

Jarick

Silver Supporting Member
I just picked up the Ownhammer DLXVBR pack. There are a ton of options, but from my first listen it sounds really damn good. There's a Jensen speaker for the more scooped Fender sound and a Celestion V30 for a little more aggressive sound. Plus there's hundreds of options in terms of microphones, mixes, and combinations between the two if you want to get picky.

nicolasrivera

Platinum Supporting Member
...except these cannot be used by anyone who doesn't own an Axe FX II/AX8.
That's right, i just don't say it because i love fractal, i do own a very ver extensive IR collection from many vendors, but Fractal has some packs done by ML Studios that are right up there on the very top of my list.

ccouch7

I've got an espi coming to use with my 11 rack...going to see if it makes a difference.
For the band I'm in I play mostly clean with a bit of overdrive, so looking for IR's for fender type cabs and sounds, which I guess means less midrange snot. Recommendations?
Thanks
I think you'll find good IR's make a huge difference with the 11R.
I started with an AMT Pangaea but found a great deal on a used
Torpedo C.A.B., having the presets of the cab change with the
presets of the 11r via midi is awesome!

The IR's that come with the torpedo are really good IME.
3Sigma IR's are really good too for use with your Epsi.
http://www.3sigmaaudio.com/shop/

Last edited:

crispsandwich

That's right, i just don't say it because i love fractal, i do own a very ver extensive IR collection from many vendors, but Fractal has some packs done by ML Studios that are right up there on the very top of my list.
But that still doesn't help the OP, as they specifically asked for recommendations for use with an Espi.

I use Ownhammer IRs generally, never heard a bad one in the hundreds of options I've got. Their stuff is a great starting place, IMO.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom