Top Hat Emplexador MKII

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by irwin4star, Aug 8, 2008.

1. irwin4star

irwin4star Member

My wife left for about 3 hours and I finally had a chance to stretch it's legs. I63 mule in V1 or tung sol reissue, JJecc83s in V2 for the honk, CV4024 in PI, Genelex KT66's for power through an avatar cabinet with a pair of scumback g12m's and a V30 and a G12H30 in an x pattern, new Tokai honduran SG with a Bareknuckles riff raff in the bridge plugged straight the frick in..... there are only three letters to describe it.. OMG

2. Groovey Records

Groovey Records Member

Jackson Heights Birthplace of Johnny Thunders
    I'm Glad your digging it Now Kick it get some Gold Lions with the MuLLard
    ecc83 with a balanced PI

Bravely go where no TopHat has been Before.

God is Great

EnJoY ThE MuSiC
    GrooVey RecOrds

3. irwin4star

irwin4star Member

Good point.. I loved the 4024 because I can just run full up on the vol while jumping around and stuff and not worry about having to roll back. I'll try a balanced mule in the PI and roll back and see if it's the same. What do you mean by lean on it while going direct?

4. ski_fast

ski_fast Silver Supporting Member

Did you have EL34's in yours before the KT66's? If so, could you explain the difference crunch and clarity wise?

5. irwin4star

irwin4star Member

I had GTEL34m's in it, and JJKT77's in it, then the KT66's.

The GTEL34m's were Lynch Mob/Dokken stuff..

The KT66's were pure Highway to Hell tone..

The 66's were organic and chewy and very smooth.
    The EL34m's were crisp, tight, and lots of biting high end.

6. irwin4star

irwin4star Member

Oh, the KT77's didn't break up much, just were loud as he!! and had tons of headroom.

7. irwin4star

irwin4star Member

Oh, stuck the Valve Arts KT66's in it and couldn't tell that much difference between them and the GEC's. maybe a little less midrange rangatang. But very good. I like them and will probably leave them in it and box the GEC's back up.

8. irwin4star

irwin4star Member

I put an I61 balanced mullard ax7 in the PI and rolled the guitar volume down. It still sounds awesome. I have to go to about 7 on the volume for it to have similar push as the cv4024 in the PI with the volume all the way up on the guitar. Very interesting test. I also plugged my elite sg with a 498t in the bridge in and that was interesting too. Serious chime grind. Perfect early AC/DC. But the honduran tokai has that nasal fat raunch to it especiall with the scumbacks.