• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

TOP HAT Super Deluxe #016 2x12 is coming.....

eric-d

Man - I'm excited - I finally scrounged the cash together to get this puppy!!! I can't wait to put it through the paces!!

eric-d

Oh - I'll make a few videos... :D I really can't wait to hear it with the Klon!!! :AOK

EXP

Supporting Member
Clean E, let me know when you get it we'll have to do some roadtesting.

ROKY

That's an undermentioned amp in a product line thick with standouts.
Congrats on scoring one, I think you'll really dig it .:BEER

rawkguitarist

Wonder if your Super Deluxe is set up to run EL34's like some of the later ones. This amps smokes with EL34s and all 12ax7's in the preamp, just my preference.

FYI, I prefer the cleaner response of the solid state recto TopHat Club amps. My two 2002 Club Royales are going no where. :dude

eric-d

I don't think it's available to handle the EL34's - but I'm planning to send it to Brian to see if he'll swap out the power Transformer and whatnot to handle the EL's.... I'm 99% sure this is the Solid Recitfier model also since it's from 2003. I can't wait to check this amp out!!! I've wanted a Top Hat for at least 10 years - ever since I heard my friends Club Royale (Script) 2x12 that he still plays out today....

ROKY

Your first TopHat ?

Ya can't own just one--once you start, there's noooo stopping . :D

I'm now up to 4 since I got introduced to them 5 years ago.

Brian is very easy to communicate with and backs up/supports his product
even if you buy used; that's pretty cool,IMNSHO.

Report back if you upgrade trannies,, , , or even if you don't

eric-d

Yeah - it's my first..... I have a feeling I'm going to be in trouble.... :D But I already promised myself to get a JTM45 next... :AOK

ROKY

I hear ya on the JTM-45 .

My Emplexador came from the factory modded for KT-66s..they sound
great >> very fat, rich breakup characteristics, [with clarity].

sickboy79

Very very nice! Top Hat's are amazing amps. I haven't played that model - but I know Riffmeister is a fan! I've got an Emplexador myself. Congrats!

eric-d

great sounding amp, tweed-meets-Vox!

sounded even better with vintage glass:

Man - that wiring job is so clean. I can't wait to get mine. Don't get me wrong - I LOVE my '65 BF Super Reverb, but I think this is going to be a nice addition - not a replacement.

openbar

Gold Supporting Member
Your first TopHat ?

Ya can't own just one--once you start, there's noooo stopping . :D
I know, I know. I have a King Royale, and have really been jonesing for a Super Deluxe - and this thread ain't helping!

ROKY

I know, I know. I have a King Royale, and have really been jonesing for a Super Deluxe - and this thread ain't helping!
There was a nice 1x12 version on the 'bay a couple of weeks ago that
I was seriously considering .

To buy :Devil or . . . not to buy :nono

The fact that I was broke helped make my decision a bit easier .:D

eric-d

I saw that one... There's a couple Royale's that's been floating around on the 'Bay too.... :D But like I've stated before - next is a JTM45 on a 2x12 cab!!! :AOK

Trending Topics