Top Reverb pedal out there!!

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by gpro34, Feb 26, 2006.

1. gpro34

gpro34 Member

Unfortunatly my amp does not have reverb and I do not want to lug around a reverb tank, so what are the best reverb pedals out there?? Is the eh holier grail the top dog?

2. ruby7829

ruby7829 Supporting Member

The VanAmps Reverbamate is by far the most natural and lush sounding. I've had two Holy Grails(noisy as hell), an RV-5(synthetic as hell) and have tried out an RV-3 and Digiverb (also synthetic sounding). The Reverbamate is bigger than a standard pedal and is more expensive than most but it's the most natural. It actually has a spring. It's as if my Marshall 1974x had a reverb pan installed in it.

3. bluesdoc

bluesdoc Gold Supporting Member Gold Supporting Member

I don't know about 'best', but I really like my Digiverb. Just a bit of reverb.......

jon

4. jakins

jakins Member

i was looking at a van amps...dont you have to run amps in stereo to use it, though? I could be wrong...

5. mad dog

mad dog Silver Supporting Member

+1 on the Reverbamate. I think they just came out with a version that has one line out instead of two. Had that been available when I was shopping for reverb pedals, I'd have bought it for sure. It's not really pedal sized. Bigger. In truth, a outboard tank has even more sound potential, and isn't that much bulkier or heavier. Both deliver quality reverb tone.

6. Franklin

Franklin Member

+1 on the Reverbamate.

7. drbob1

drbob1 Silver Supporting Member

Lots of previous discussion on this one, the search feature will reveal multiple threads and lots of reading but no agreement.

8. cbpickin

cbpickin Tweed Supporting Member Silver Supporting Member

I gotta throw a vote in for the Verbzilla. I am using one with my Clark Beaufort and it is pretty convincing after comparing it with one of my Fender amp reverbs.

9. AshlandBump

AshlandBump Member

The country I come from is called the Midwest.
    I looked at the Van Amps web site and there's no indication of a new model/feature where you don't have to use two channels to use their box. May work for some, wouldn't work for me.

For now, I have a EHX Holy Grail and it's not noisy at all, works fine.

10. GuitslingerTim

GuitslingerTim Member

:AOK

11. homerayvaughan

homerayvaughan Supporting Member

+1 on the Verbzilla.
    I found the various Holy Grails I have tried to be on the noisey side, and the higher the level the more artificial it sounded. I tried the Digiverb & Boss RV3 & 5, and the Verbzilla is more versitile and sounds better than all of the others. Haven't played a reverbmate.

12. Sniper-V

Sniper-V Member

I too am always looking for a "better" verb pedal.
    For now the Holy Grail has been doing the job.
    But I am open to anything better...

Not sure why so many people are comlaining about the noise, mine works fine...

13. S. Hawk Ltd.

S. Hawk Ltd. Member

I like the Verbzilla a lot, also... I bought it because a couple of my amp don't have reverb... But to tell the truth I'm using this unit with amps that have on-board reverb... Anyway, it has more stuff on it that I could or WOULD use. But it wasn't that bad in price. Kind of heavy though...
    Man, I got the Echo Park that is cool and now I'd like to get that Roto Machine 119 bucks and I never thought I'd be getting a bunch of Line6 pedals...

14. retro

retro Member

I've read from users the Holy Grail can be sensitive to the power supply used....
    Which may be why some find it noisy and others do not...??

15. Enjoyer

Enjoyer Member

What about the reissue Fender Reverb Tank?
    No 1's and 0's, just Real springs, Real verb!
    Okay, call me a purist and a ludite.

16. granite

granite Member

If you're going to go this route, I would urge you to try an Uncle Spot unit. IMHO, a much better stand alone unit than the Fender.

http://www.unclespot.com/USreverbunit.html

17. jgyn

jgyn Member

I like my Boss RV-2. Supposedly its mellower than the succeeding RV-3 and RV-5.

18. rawkguitarist

rawkguitarist Member

I'd say Holy Grail and call it a day. The spring setting is fairly realistic, but I dig the hall setting most. You can get real unorthodox sounds out of this one. Totally washed in reverb. It doesn't have to sit on the side of your amp either:D BTW, no noise at all...

19. svanangen

svanangen Member

Be sure to look up T-rex all new tubedriven reverbpedal - Room-mate. It looks interesting!

20. devbro

devbro Member

Is the Verbzilla noisy? I had to dump my Echopark due to the overwhelming hiss and I'm wondering if all the Tone Core pedals suffer from this.