TopHat Super Deluxe

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by riffmeister, Nov 2, 2005.

1. riffmeister

riffmeister Gold Supporting Member

great review in the new issue of GP mag.......it's a sweet sweet amp, no doubt about it.......I've had mine for two years and still love it! Fender Tweed meets Vox meets Marshall in a nicely portable package.

2. riffmeister

I thought it was interesting that at one point in the article the GP mag reviewer compared the Super Deluxe to his own Club Royale.......heheh.......

3. Jeffj

Jeffj Supporting Member

cool deal...........I will have to check that out. My Super Deluxe is my all time favorite amp........after having 7 or 8 TopHats...

4. riffmeister

I have four TH's at the moment......all Club Series amps. If I were forced to sell all but one, it'd be the Super Deluxe that stayed.......it has the most "tricks" up its sleeve.

5. Jeffj

Jeffj Supporting Member

same here.....I currently have a Super Deluxe, Ambassador, Prince Royale, & two empty 1 X 12 combo cabs (one is the deep cab I got from you actually), sitting there with a Celestion Blue in it...so I am on the prowl for another Club Deluxe chassis to put in there.........hmmm......tube rectified club deluxe\deep cab\blue :dude

6. riffmeister

would you consider a new tube recto'd Club Royale chassis?

hehehe.....

7. Jeffj

Jeffj Supporting Member

hmmmmmmmm...sounds interesting......shoot me a pm if you are serious & give me the low down

8. Cody McLain

Cody McLain Member

Yo Jeff....
    The Super Deluxe is the 2x12 with 6l6's right? What speakers are in yours? I'm still knocked out from playing your Club Deluxe with the Blue months ago. I'm dead set on a Tophat for my next amp.

9. Jeffj

Jeffj Supporting Member

Hey Cody..good to hear from you.....yeah the Super Deluxe is the 6L6 amp. I love the club deluxe, but I needed a tad more headroom for some of the bigger stages, so I went for the Super Deluxe & it has worked out great. Speakers are a G12H 30 & a Vintage 30. Real similiar tones as my club deluxe, just more muscle..... The 1 X 12 Club Deluxe with the blue is the best "small" grab & go amp I have ever played.....Give me a shout when you are in town & you can test drive the TopHats...dont tell anyone, but I have been playing a Maz 18 NR head with a 2 X 10 Z Best cabinet & this thing is killer also.....I dont remember my Maz 18 combo that I head years ago being as stout as this thing.........

10. Cody McLain

Cody McLain Member

Jeff,
    I should be up your way this month- I'll definately want to have another go with those amps. Only Z I had was the Rt.66, and I moved on after a while with it. Never had the chance to try the Maz Jr NR although Stu at Fatsound thought I would like that one.
    I'm pretty dead set on a Club Deluxe with a Blue sometime soon.

11. riffmeister

Great sounding combination........CR + Blue, too! :cool:

12. riffmeister