Torn/Niwa/Prezens

rgsss14

Platinum Supporting Member
http://youtube.com/watch?v=0KngIToOA1E

Great stuff. I thought it deserved it's own thread. Regarding the Niwa/Coco - it has such a fluid trem which is exemplified on DT's cool licks here. Perhaps the most perfect marriage of the luthier's art being brought to fruition by the artist. Hopefully Splatt will chime in and tell us what the rest of the rig was.

rgsss14

Platinum Supporting Member
The best thing about this stuff is that it BREATHES. The moments where there are no notes being played on the guitar are just as valuable - and just as neccessary.

jads57

Silver Supporting Member
I`m not really a fan of that type of music, but they are really good at it. I really enjoy his overdriven sound a lot, very organic sounding for such a modern looking axe.

jimfog

Thanks for posting that.

David must be loving that guitar.........that's the longest I've seen him recently without at least one hand on his rack gear/mixer.........interesting.

hat!

jimfog

PS.....everything about Splatt's musicality is wonderful.....

.......but most of all, I wish I had the fortitude and aptitude to develop even an inkling of his control over pitch.

damn.

KRosser

I've played that very guitar at length over here at David's west coast place and it's a totally stunning instrument.

Both of those clips are so killer....

Thor

Fluid, angular, just plain amazing!

Love the new guitar as well!!

Cheers,

Edward

Moltesen

Wow, was thinking of going to his gig here in Copenhagen on wednesday- now I´m definitely going. Hope he brings some of the other amazing guitars he has as well. Can´t wait to hear the Niwa in live action...:dude

Mudder

Um, I'm not sure I get it. I mean I get the guitar, pretty cool. But I don't think I understand the player.

Could someone take a minute and educate me on what he was doing? Honestly, I'm not trying to be a jerk, I just have no frame of reference for that music.

VinceV

Um, I'm not sure I get it. I mean I get the guitar, pretty cool. But I don't think I understand the player.

Could someone take a minute and educate me on what he was doing? Honestly, I'm not trying to be a jerk, I just have no frame of reference for that music.
I wasn't going to post, because I know this member seems to have a big following here, and has worked with highly respected people and is grammy nominated for a soundtrack score, but that is a very acquired taste. I was listening to the clips and 2 people asked me who was killing cats on the internet.

I even checked out itunes for more music, I thought maybe I was hearing something out of context, it pretty much is all like that.

I did like the score for "The Order" though.

Trending Topics