Tortoise strat pickup covers??

Denny

Gentlemen - I've been lookin'. Does anyone know if they are being made? Thanks ahead of time.

Denny

scolfax

Damn... good luck, I just spent 5 mins searching around and didn't see them for sale anywhere.

Sam Xavier

Found some on Amazon, Thomann.de and Ebay just by the magic of Google.

Are you using the right term? Search for "Shell".

Duh. Belay that, I misread your post. I thought you were after pickguards.

Squatch57

I'd love some tort covers myself, that'd be cool
I suppose with the varying types of tort it'd be hard to know which type to manufacture. Browny-red style would be most common

I like using the old Duncan maroon pickups on my tort guards

EVrUP8Gl.jpg

Last edited:

misa

Silver Supporting Member
I feel like I’ve seen Asher Guitars make some tort pickup covers, you may want to reach out.

Denny

I like the maroon ones. will check
I'd love some tort covers myself, that'd be cool
I suppose with the varying types of tort it'd be hard to know which type to manufacture. Browny-red style would be most common

I like using the old Duncan maroon pickups on my tort guards

EVrUP8Gl.jpg
I like those. Just checked the site and didn't see them. Wish I could find a set of 3. thanks
D.

OotMagroot

Silver Supporting Member

I like those. Just checked the site and didn't see them. Wish I could find a set of 3. thanks
D.

I see them on ebay from time to time. Sellers ask a pretty penny for them though (at least from what I've seen).

Squatch57

D.
Yeah, they only made those maroon stacks in '79-'80 so you need to find them used.
I've just been snagging them one by one for years, you almost never see a complete set.
I did find a set of maroon jazz bass stacks last year..that was a lucky find

RVhpFXal.jpg

Last edited:

LeicaBossNJ

Gold Supporting Member
I would just consider why these aren't really sold or available before proceeding.

But if you really want this, the only way I've seen it done is using a black blank and cutting a tortoid pickup blank to size.

206859-0bb90fe7a211337691f077438e9eea83.jpg

I've seen these a while ago in different colors like tortoise and shell but cant remember.But I know I found them on a boutique pickup manufacturers site.

Squatch57

Lollar does tort inserts for his Charlie Christian pickups but nothing for strats that I've seen.

Denny

I checked ebay - there's a set of maroon for 9.00 and like 26.00 shipping from AU. The tort inserts look interesting.Maybe a decal/with black covers?? Making me think. Thanks

Squatch57

I checked ebay - there's a set of maroon for 9.00 and like 26.00 shipping from AU. The tort inserts look interesting.Maybe a decal/with black covers?? Making me think. Thanks
Nice find..they're a bit lighter and redder than the old Duncans but should look good
I'll grab a set anyway, they're only $13 free postage for me being in Oz

Trending Topics

Top Bottom