Touch screen DAW's

Discussion in 'Recording/Live Sound' started by hellbender, Mar 3, 2012.

1. hellbender

hellbender Member

Anyone using this in their studio?

Comments on this kind of approach>>

2. kenneth

kenneth Member

Well, seeing the intro to this and this guy writing "Sails", with that kind of latency/response, didn't give a warm fuzzy feeling...

I can see having the DAW touch screen, but kinda scared with the price tag of that touch screen. I also question if touch screen is accurate enough for this kind of work. It is no big deal if I mistype on my iphone, but i would be pissed if I accidentally enabled the wrong tracks.

I can't see drums (not sure how the guy is using fuzzy mallets, seems it is not a capacitive touch screen), nor keyboard. I think touch screens have a ways to go to get the velocity and after-touch control to a point that sounds good.

3. disfrontman

disfrontman Member

4. thisHEREgiraffe

thisHEREgiraffe Member

I saw Zappa Plays Zappa a few weeks ago at the Rialto in Tucson and FOH was running a touch screen - I hadn't seen anything like it before. Would love to hear some engineers experience live or studio with things as well... ah new technology as a gear hound I love it!

5. FFTT

FFTT Member

I'm thinking more along the lines of mind reading DAWs

6. hellbender

hellbender Member

For those with mixes more complicated with gear than less, I think it would pose an advantage over the small LCD windows and screens being used now. Certainly the would work better than a mouse and keyboard. The idea of having your entire studio at your fingertips in one piece of gear is intriguing.

7. Vince

Vince Member

I'd love nothing more than an old school mixing desk made up of touch screen modules. Can't wait until this is more mainstream.

8. Lucidology

Lucidology Member