• Supporting Membership Changes

The Supporting Memberships are currently being updated moving forward.

In order to coordinate giveaway drawings to the Supporting Members there will be a new alignment in the naming of the tiers. (Note: Non-Supporting (Basic) and Monthly Supporting Members can get into the drawings by mailing a postcard. Details on that will follow with a giveaway starting soon).

The pricing for each Supporting Membership level remains the same though the naming of them will change. The privileges remain the same as current but with the new name. If you are a current Supporting Member, you will be upgraded automatically for the existing term of your Supporting Membership. We are introducing a new tier with new perks.

Table here

Supporting Membership Guide

• Monthly Supporting Members will remain Supporting Members
    • Current annual Supporting Members will now be Silver Supporting Members. Perks and permissions remain the same
    • Current Silver Supporting Members will now be Gold Supporting Members
    • Current Gold Supporting Members will now be Platinum Supporting Members
    • A new level will be created - Double Platinum Supporting Members

All memberships will now have the option to remain as non-recurring memberships or choose reccuring memberships moving forward. *Note: current memberships will NOT be changed to recurring memberships.

Tough day today. Favorite Murder Ballads?

deeohgee

I remember listening to this as a kid.

There was an old woman and she lived in the woods, weile weile waile
There was an old woman and she lived in the woods, down by the river Saile
She had a baby three months old, weile weile waile
She had a baby three months old, down by the river Saile
She had a pen knife long and sharp, weile weile waile
She had a pen knife long and sharp, down by the river Saile She stuck the pen knife in the babys heart, weile weile waile
She stuck the pen knife in the babys heart, down by the river Saile
There were three loud knocks come a'knockin on the door, weile weile waile
There were three loud knocks come a'knockin on the door, down by the river Saile
There were two policemen and a special-branchman, weile weile waile There were two policemen and a special-branchman, down by the river Saile
They put a rope around her neck, weile weile waile
They put a rope around her neck, down by the river Saile
They pulled the rope and she got hang, weile weile waile
They pulled the rope and she got hang, down by the river Saile
And that was the end of the woman in the woods, weile weile waile
And that was the end of the baby too, down by the river Saile

GGinMP

Silver Supporting Member
“Me and My Uncle” is a favorite. I normally listen to the Dead’s version, but I like John Denver’s as well. As a change of pace (and because I like watching her play), here’s Joni:

timmytVA

Silver Supporting Member
Old 97s - The Other Shoe, about a husband who hides under the bed to murder his wife and her lover ("By the time she thought you'd probably got to Phoenix / She'd arranged for your shoes to be filled / Well you've got your pride, and a blue-steel '45 / and you're waiting for the other shoe to fall")

Social Distortion - 99 to Life ("I killed my baby, I killed her with my knife")

Tim