TR Amp Love - Gimme Some!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by LSchefman, Mar 17, 2006.

1. LSchefman

LSchefman Supporting Member

Hey, I'm so freakin' happy with the Onyx Sig I got a few months back that I am like a man on heroin - I NEED to play it every day to satisfy my Jones.

The thing just sounds SICK! And it's getting better sounding the more I play it. Plus it's built like a tank, everything is nice and solid, and the feel of playing it is just so expressive and unbelievable...

You know what, it's just f'ing worth what you have to pay to get one, even if you have to save for a while. If you're into guitar, these are just simply one of the most unbelievably good ways to go for guitar amplification, and every damned one of their models sounds beyond cool.

So I thought, "Les, buddy, you can't be the only guy who wants to share the love, and shout the praises of these amps from the rooftop, there have to be others who want to do the same lame thing!"

So here's your chance - a whole thread devoted to blathering on about your favorite TR.

And yes, I realize I do go on and on about these, but then again I don't go on and on about some new amp I've bought and then turn around and buy something else. I've been very consistent.

2. TNJ

TNJ Gold Supporting Member

Well Les,
    You know me. ;)
    I"m still in love with my Two Rock Custom (#44), and my 112 and 212 TR cabs. With my Tone Kings, and my Matchless, and my Bogner Shiva rig...I still love to hear my Suhr Strat into my Custom, through the 212 rig with a little delay in the loop. What a great amp Joe and Bill have conceived...!
    I have yet to check out any of the sigs, but will as one of my pals in the 'hood has a Sig Custom Reverb.
    Rawk on Mr. S!
    S.
    j

3. nondeplume

nondeplume Puppet For Prophet

Emerald Pro -- <been over a year, aint chang'n, nohow-noway>

4. Rick0

Rick0 Member

Although the Custom Reverb Signature has to be my favorite, I would be perfectly happy with any of them. They all respond beautifully and sound incredible. I don&#8217;t think that I can adequately express how much I love Two-Rocks. Using their amplifiers has inspired me to become a better musician. I want Bill, Joe, & the folks at K&M to know how much they have contributed to making my playing experience more meaningful. Thank you so very much guys. Your amps are the bomb!

5. mountain blues

mountain blues Member

Custom #45, and the love affair is going as strong as ever.

6. LSchefman

>>I have yet to check out any of the sigs<<

Jato, I keep tellin' ya to stop by next time you're out my way...

7. p.snail

p.snail Supporting Member

Saving my pennies for a Two Rock. I'm thinking if I luck across an EM Pro that one might be a good choice. The soundclip I heard was awesome and the amp had tons of Gain, plus the cleans were really close to the John Mayer tone that intrigued me to these amps in the first place. Now to sh!t some $$$. I'm jealous of you guys. Smokin' amps.

8. KOG

KOG Supporting Member

I here ya! CR Sig #69 owner here and I can't keep away from mine either. (Better than sex as I remeber it). To make matters worse I just bought a new Scumback SA75-8HP speaker. Bill & Joe really need to check out the Scumbacks, because it is even more incredible now - the TR1265 is a close second. To each their own but the TR Sig has stopped my amp search!:BEER

9. mprvise

mprvise Member

Artist #9 here. I own a few amps that I use regularly for smaller gigs, rehearsals, and practice. But everytime I break the Two-Rock out, whether it be at home at lower volumes or at a gig at stage volume - WOW. I mean WOW!!! I think I'll go hook it up right now...

10. Jack Briggs

Jack Briggs Member

LTD #11 for me. I've played most TR models, owned an Amethyst Special, and the LTD does it for me better than any other. I can make use of all my NOS octal power tubes and self-bias, plus it has separate EQ controls for the lead channel! I don't know why they only made 20 of this model. It has the awesomely huge clean sound that hides nothing, and super nice lead with the 2-level standby and bypass switch (both featured on the CR Sig.) I'm set for a good while!!!

:D

11. TNJ

TNJ Gold Supporting Member

Thanks for the invite, Les.
    I'm due for a trip to the MotorCity area. Maybe later this spring, you and I and maybe Scott and Chuck (and his guitar teacher, Duffy) can have a little get together.

That would be tres cool...
    S>
    j

12. LSchefman

>>Maybe later this spring, you and I and maybe Scott and Chuck (and his guitar teacher, Duffy) can have a little get together.<<

Sounds good to me! I think I'd better play keys....;)

13. Merlin

Merlin Supporting Member

I picked up my first TR recently....an Em Pro. It's probably the best amp I've ever played through. Love the tone baby, and aching for more.

14. OldSchool

OldSchool Senior Member

Yep. I've played and owned alot of bigtime amps. 2Rock takes the cake. My Emerald Pro is really just incredible.
    [​IMG]

15. Tone Disciple

Tone Disciple Gold Supporting Member

Love my Custom Reverb and will jump on the first E Pro I see! Still like my Matchless and others, but the Two Rock is my favorite!

I was thinking just this week that I don't see a lot of the good amps for sale as much anymore. Not too many Komets, D/13, Two Rocks, Fuchs or Matchless on this forum or Ebay either. Are we all just settling in with our choices?

16. cnardone

cnardone Supporting Member

I bought Custom #2 just over a year ago. I love everything about it. I do need some speaker advice though. I asked Rob DiStefano to build me an over sized 1X12. he suggested that we just go the extra few inches and build a full 2X12 cab. Because I only had the one speaker, we closed one of the 12s in the baffle. So I only have a 12 inch Harry Joyce Speaker in it. Do you guys have any suggestions as to what would be a good match that I can put into the other side?

cmn

cmn

17. procos

procos Supporting Member

In the Grouse woods or on the golf course
    Got to agree with you on this. I love mine as well. Favorite Two Rock to date.

Chuck

18. procos

procos Supporting Member

In the Grouse woods or on the golf course
    I'm in and let's not forget Dave Leslie and Alex Ortner.

Chuck

19. Tom Gross

Tom Gross Supporting Member

Opal #30 here.

Incredible amp, I love it.
    For the first time, I feel like "I'm gonna go play my amp". Fiddling with knobs, switches, guitar settings, and just marveling at the sounds and feels I get.
    And it fits my playing style.

20. Maven

Maven Supporting Member

So as an aspiring TR owner can someone suggest the best value for TR out there? I mean I'd live a CR sig but I just don't have 5K+ right now. I'm looking for that TR clean and tone...maybe you guys could suggest a good model and fair price and i could keep my eyes open on fleabay. I Will be one of you one day!!:)