Trade: Gibson SG Faded for PRS SE Custom 24

jerryfan6

Gold Supporting Member
Which side of this trade would you want to be on? Both guitars are in excellent shape. The SG comes with hardshell case, and the PRS comes with the standard gigbag.

sa1126

Silver Supporting Member
Neither...? I've never played the PRS but those faded gibsons are VERY hit or miss.

David Garner

Platinum Supporting Member
PRS SE will be a good guitar no matter how you slice it, so my initial instinct is to select that one. However, everyone should own at least 1 Gibson, so…….

keto

I said the PRS, the SE's are generally really good (maybe a pup change, but same can be said for teh Gibby). The fadeds don't really appeal to me, kinda cheapish....SG's don't work for me because of the long reach to the nut the way it hangs, plus most I have had on had neck dive. Again, that's for me and I know it's a well discussed topic where by far not everyone agrees. I do like how SG's sound - by my Mira does that job fine and doesn't dive.

CharlieNC

Faded SG all day. Even though it's on the lower end of the spectrum, it's still American made which will repay you dividends whenever you decide to sell it.

smolder

One is a better guitar, the other is easier to unload... Pick your poison, but how it plays and matches you needs are the important criteria.

Last edited:

Rod

Tone is Paramount
Gold Supporting Member
If you are choosing for TONE, the SG.. Why? Better wood and thinner finish. The SE's are nice guitars (I've owned 3 of Em) , but the thick finishes kill the tone.. I play a few faded LPs and they just sound wonderful..

smolder

^^^ my point was that the PRS is probably the better guitar (the fadeds vary noticably) but the Gibson name sells faster.

Trending Topics