1. A proposal is now up as a poll to change the guidelines of TGP to only allow member self-deleting of post/threads for up to thirty days of the original posting it. We are now watching the poll here. Click here to view the thread.

Dismiss Notice

Trade Idea - SG for Les Paul

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by silvertone1481, May 23, 2011.

1. silvertone1481

silvertone1481 Member

I started a thread about an Aria Les Paul Custom from the 70's.....should I trade a beat-up (but great playing!!!) 2006 Epiphone SG-G400, with nice SKB hard case (it's got stickers, etc. on it, but is not old) and some cash for this LP? It's SOOOOOOOO cool! Black, Aria Pro II, Almost no gold left on the hrdware, witch-hat knobs, open-book headstock, great neck....they want $500 for it.....they are doing a 10% off used gear promotion til the end of May....so if I giv 'em $100 in cash, is my SG with case worth $350??? I might post pics, but camera issues, etc. It needs a new switch, which I'll easily replace before the trade, so.......does it sound good? And did I repeat myself too much?

2. mhuxtable

mhuxtable Member

I'd say a G400 and case would be worth $350

3. silvertone1481

silvertone1481 Member

It's got [quite literally] holes in the finish....you sure?

4. mhuxtable

mhuxtable Member

Oh I just looked them up....they're 300 new? Nah you're not gonna get 350 for a beat up one plus a stickered up case.

5. silvertone1481

silvertone1481 Member

Yeah.....The case isn't bad by any means....just a few stickes. They axe plays great! Should I throw in a Jay Turser SG copy for good measure?

6. Guitar Josh

Guitar Josh Resident Curmudgeon Silver Supporting Member

You'd be lucky to get $150, but the good news is the Aria is very overpriced.

7. silvertone1481

silvertone1481 Member

So is the SG + Case +$100 = Aria Les Paul in BEAUTIFUL black?