• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Trade my early suhr classic for grosh electrajet?

fatoni

Basically the title says it all. I have an old suhr classic that doesn't get much use since my charvel govan gets close enough to a strat. I also still have a suhr modern so I don't think I'll miss the name. The one thing I might miss are the stainless frets but I'll be getting $300 on top of the trade. Any opinions?

JDutch

Why not? I hold Suhr and Grosh in high esteem. At that level of quality, you can buy a guitar that's better for you, but not one that's objectively better. You admitted you're not playing that Suhr, and if the Electrajet offers you something you don't have, like P90s, so much the better.

Crash-VR

Silver Supporting Member
I love Suhr guitars. But my only guitar right now is an Electrajet and its unreal.

fatoni

Sounds pretty good. Never played one so it will be nice to see what they are all about. I guess I'm just worried that one day I'm gonna really want a strat or maybe I just won't get along with the regular frets. I think I'm gonna do it though. Thanks.

Crash-VR

Silver Supporting Member
You can always get a loaded pick guard with single coils for your Electrajet

ford

Modz
Staff member
Is it an Electrajet or Electrajet standard. There is a pretty big difference in the price of those two. Just something to keep in mind for trade value.

fatoni

Is it an Electrajet or Electrajet standard. There is a pretty big difference in the price of those two. Just something to keep in mind for trade value.
It's a standard.the one with p90s and it's that questionable dark orange. What is the difference in both value and quality? Sorry for the total noob questions

The Opera Panther

Silver Supporting Member
They'll be similar in quality. The difference (mainly) is the options (neck size, frets, pickups, etc) that you can get on a Custom. I have a custom, in the "questionable" black orange metallic finish. That guitar sounds more like me than any other I've played. That's my goal, so I'm fully content with it.

fatoni

They'll be similar in quality. The difference (mainly) is the options (neck size, frets, pickups, etc) that you can get on a Custom. I have a custom, in the "questionable" black orange metallic finish. That guitar sounds more like me than any other I've played. That's my goal, so I'm fully content with it.
Thanks. Ha ha I only wrote questionable because in the pictures it seems like a pretty modern color for what seems like a pretty vintage guitar. I'm definitely gonna take a look into it this weekend.

ford

Modz
Staff member
I tried a standard but the neck was just small for me... guitar was very well built.

Redrum

Have both an EJ Standard (SSS) and Suhr C1. The EJ is definitely a different body shape than the Classic and to me, feels a little longer overall than the Classic and balances a little differently on the strap. It's a cool shape and really comfortable. Excellent fretwork and neck feel.

Since the OP already has some Suhr guitars, I'd recommend adding a Grosh in the quiver. Can't go wrong with an EJ.

ur2funky

Silver Supporting Member
I had a EJ, great fret work on that thing, and just a really nice sound. Great guitar.

jiml

Silver Supporting Member
Owned a sweet EJ Custom for years. I had a few pickguards with different pickup configurations, it was fun swapping pickups in and out. They are very unique and sound bigger than a strat and tele...

Trending Topics

Top Bottom