Sold TRADED: Gibson R8 Les Paul Historic Reissue - 2014

Discussion in 'Guitar Emporium Archive' started by mgrier1, Apr 28, 2016.

1. mgrier1

mgrier1 Silver Supporting Member

Gibson R8 - 2014 Bourbonburst - TRADED

Near Mint Condition. I see no issues with this instrument at all, but since it is pre-owned, I’m hesitant to call it “Mint” in case you see something I may have missed. Suffice it to say, very clean condition. Very sweet Historic LP - I see why folks are comparing this run to the vaunted 2007 run.

Comes with Certificate of Authenticity and case candy, as well as the original Lifton replica case.

Weight is precisely 8lbs. 8oz. which is the perfect weight for Historic LP’s in my very humble opinion. (Over 9lbs. and its pretty heavy on a strap. Lighter and the tone gets fizzy and undefined, quite often)

Though this is the R8 (1958 replica), the neck is really not much bigger than my Murphy R9 – I measured this one with my micrometer and get .92” at 1st fret and .94” at the 12th fret. So, not huge at all for an R8. Very comfortable C-shaped carve.

Light flame when you catch it right but definitely that refined R8 elegance in terms of the top. Cool mineral deposits in the upper bought really lend to the character of the guitar - see pix. Very slight tint overlap onto the neck binding from neck lacquer as many R8's of this 2014 series tend to have.

Price & Procurement:

This 2014 Gibson R8 can be yours for $3350 shipped ConUSA/paypal accepted
    . This price is for straight sale - Trade value TBD depending upon trade parameters. Guitar has been traded on 4/30/2016

Trades:

Primarily seeking boutique amps and pedals. Don’t want for much in the way of guitars, but you can try me on boutique stuff, Gretsch Custom Shop, or Historic SG. Try me – I’m cordial on a bad day and really nice on a good one!

Pix (Glare spots from Sun, not issues with the instrument – Yes, the instrument was on a pad when I photographed it – not to worry!):

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

More pix here:

http://s9.photobucket.com/user/mgrier1/library/Gibson R8 2014 Bourbonburst

Best,

Mike

Last edited: Apr 30, 2016
    indyrunner03 and dangeroso like this.
  2. mgrier1

mgrier1 Silver Supporting Member