"TRAINWRECK CLIMAX" (Kendrick) info. from Owners

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by uncajuan, Jul 23, 2008.

1. uncajuan

uncajuan Member

Hello All,, I own a "TRAINWRECK CLIMAX" Head--serial #71-- which I purchased from Gerald Weber during the initial run of these from KENDRICK. I'm interested in hearing from anyone out there who may also own this 'interpretation' of KEN FISCHER's work. I'm an 'Old Analog Guy', who doesn't get around too well navigating thru this 'Digital Devil'/Web stuff, and tend to get a bit outta' touch with the Latest 'n Greatest.....but from what I've been able to dig up, I understand much controversy surrounds this particular 'version' of what to many is perceived as one of the "Holy Grail" Amp designs(TRAINWRECK/FISCHER) ?!!? Although I understand he collaborated willingly/enthusiastically with design of "CLIMAX", didn't Mr. Fischer later distance himself from 'CLIMAX', and even advise modifications after marketed,,,and if so, what were they, if anyone knows ?? So,,,,,I'd like to Listen/Hear what Y'all have to say. What Fun !!!!!!!! Thanks, UncaJuan Oh,,,P.S. Let's not forget to discuss the 'TONE'...That is, after all,,,All Their Is,,,!!!!

2. TwoTubMan

TwoTubMan Member

I own one, and it's a great amp.

As far as the controversy, there isn't any.

It was a long time ago.

It's a great amp.

Seriously, troll elsewhere.

3. brookshubbert

brookshubbert Member

I beg to differ as I was in contact with Ken on a somewhat regular basis plus I own Ken's pesonal climax combo. To quote Ken "I never got paid for any of my design work on the climax" in addition to let you folks know Ken contacted me out of the blue and said it made him sick just looking at the amp (because of his dealings with Gerald Weber) and asked me to buy the amp which he sold for cheap. There are all sorts of negative comments written in Ken's personal
    hand about Gerald Weber in the back of the amp. I subsequently canceled a string order I had made with Gerald and swore to never buy ANYTHING from Mr. Weber (I never will). I should mention I own A Liverpool named after my daughter BURGUNDY which Ken always maintained was one of the best LIVERPOOLS he ever built (The amp has an alligator woodburned into the face plate) giving a proud nod to the great state of Louisiana as I was born in New Orleans. This is how the milk got in the coconut -- now put that in your pipe and smoke it!!!

4. MBreinin

MBreinin Supporting Member

Oh, this one is going to get GOOD! Let's see if we can work HAD into the mix and get it locked within 2 hours. LOL.

Mike

5. Wagster

Wagster Member

I sent a BF Twin to Weber to have it serviced and it came back with new transformers :( Of course I got the lecture on how the old ones were bad.I told them I want my originals back.He said they threw them away, yeah right.That's been years ago.Never again will I deal with them.That amp was healthy and just needed filter caps and a little TLC.

6. wsaraceni

wsaraceni Member

i played one or two. i thought they were one of the better sounding amps ive ever played but not worth what guitar center was asking for them at the time

7. hathisisfunnyha

hathisisfunnyha Member

8. 57special

57special Silver Supporting Member

I've got a "Hot Rod Deluxe", which is a BFDR that KF modded so that it did all the good things a BFDR did, and whole lot more. While the Reverb channel has plenty of gain for me, the Normal channel was turned into a monster. I was told by a pretty reliable authority that this amp mod (he did a few in the 80's) was the starting point for the Climax. I would be interested to try one sometime and see how it sounds.

9. Knuckles

Knuckles Member

:rotflmao

10. LVC

LVC Senior Member

[​IMG]

11. LocustXReign

LocustXReign Member

You're my TGP hero.

12. dayn

dayn Silver Supporting Member Supporting Member

Let me know if you want to sell it.

I am SO CURIOUS as to what is written...

13. dayn

dayn Silver Supporting Member Supporting Member