Trainwreck Express style circuits and private builders

dmhi11

Looking for a Trainwreck Express style circuit--who's building them now (other than Ken's buddy)? Google searches aren't showing much except Ceriatone--which I've heard is really good, but isn't perfect. I know about Komet, but the prices are off the charts even used. Are there any private builders of note who still do this for a reasonable price?

And don't tell me about the Z-wreck--that's not an express, that's way more similar to a Rocket.

Muttlyboy

Gold Supporting Member
You can also post your question on Amplifier Tech Corner.

A lot of Builders and Technicians hang out there. They may offer their services, or offer some more recommendations.

beckstriad

I'm frosting a cake with a paper knife
Double Platinum Member
Vogel Amplification makes a killer one.

gulliver

Silver Supporting Member
Mentioned in original post--I'm aware of ceriatone, and while they have a good rep, on some of the builder forums they criticize the transformers quite a bit.

Whoops, missed that.

All I can say is that mine is a Union Jack, now Rola Amplifiers. I don’t think he has built them in a decade and there is Some mild WiFi noise in mine … but the added MV is fantastic. I think a lot of the MV design is from various builder forums and group efforts.

Last edited:

scott

Silver Supporting Member
Mentioned in original post--I'm aware of ceriatone, and while they have a good rep, on some of the builder forums they criticize the transformers quite a bit.

This is a thing of the past. He did have some trouble with trannies at first but that's been solved for over a decade now as far as I know.
Nik is a great guy and he answers emails quickly. Send him a message.

Is this what you want?? These amps have a lot of high end harmonics.
I've been working with mine, and rolled a few tubes to get this..
I set up a couple of room mics and blended them in slightly, but they are there..

Last edited:

jeffkt

I have been making a few
here is a clip
IMG_1096[3144].jpg

Last edited:

drbob1

Gold Supporting Member
Paul Ruby did one for me, SS rectified but sounded good. I don't know if he still makes them.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom