"Trainwreck" Komet 80

RickC

Gold Supporting Member
he "named" it; that's worth a coupla grand right there, right? :rolleyes:

/rick

r9player

Silver Supporting Member
In defense of Phil (Maverick Music) he has had some great stuff come through his store and has sold some of that at incredibly good prices ... although some other items of course .. are incredibly expensive :) (Like I'll never afford any of the Zemaitis stuff he carries)
He had some really affordable Eggle stuff recent and .. boy a long time back I bought a Greven White Lady from him at a price you wont believe.

v-verb

I think it's definitely worth more - I think most of us would pay more for one that Ken tweaked...

hogy

Supporting Member
There were 20 Komet 80s built, new they cost $200 more than a Komet 60, which reflects the extra cost of the different transformers and more expensive tubes.

Those 20 amps sold quickly.

Hogy

Blueser

Originally posted by hogy
There were 20 Komet 80s built, new they cost $200 more than a Komet 60, which reflects the extra cost of the different transformers and more expensive tubes.

Those 20 amps sold quickly.

Hogy
So Hogy,

That amp listed above is just one of the run of 20, or is it a one-off that Ken did?

Thanks,
B

hogy

Supporting Member
Originally posted by Blueser
So Hogy,

That amp listed above is just one of the run of 20, or is it a one-off that Ken did?

Thanks,
B
It's one of the 20 made. Most of them went through Ken's hands, he may or may not have "tweaked" it, I have no idea.

Hogy

Distortion

Flame Maple Fanatic
Supporting Member
I am sure the amp sounds great..

Now the inflated price.. well that is another matter :rolleyes:

ButchR

Komet Player
Gold Supporting Member
FS: My Komet 80 tweaked by Hogy with no NOS tubes and it is #7 of 20. Save $$$$ only $5999.00. Sale ends Saturday!:D

ButchR

Komet Player
Gold Supporting Member
The amp at Eddie's is NOT for sale it is just posted on there to tease everyone.

T

The_black_Page

i wonder if ken was pre-medicated prior to tweaking that komet, hence the cost price difference, increase. :D

pureoldsound

Does anyone remember the web address for the Trainwreck site...Trainwreck.com is not it and I typed trainwreckamps.com and it says that is under construction?

drbob1

Silver Supporting Member
To twist the subject just a little. I know someone that Ken offered to tweak a Komet for. Is this something he does, or only something he does for friends? I don't want to bug the guy, but I'd love to have him massage one of my amps... Bob

ButchR

Komet Player
Gold Supporting Member
Bob,

I think it depends a lot on the mood you catch him in. He tweaked some of the K80's but not all. He didn't do mine.

Trending Topics