Transatlantic concert tonight, Tyler variax & hd500

leftty

Saw Transatlantic tonight in phila, Ted Leonard from Spocks Beard is touring with them playing guitar, keys and vocals. He used a Tyler variax through a hd500 all night. No amp right to the board and he sounded fantastic. I wish i could get some of those patches.

Spider-Man

Silver Supporting Member
I just checked their website and see they have a new CD. I had no idea. I'll have to check that out.

Too bad there aren'y a few more dates in the US. Would have been cool to see them.

hading

I always found it odd that Roine Stolt seems to get so little mention here. I think he's a spectacular player.

hobbes1

I wish i could get some of those patches.

FWIW, even if you could get his patches, I would be willing to bet you'd have to tweak them a lot to get a sound you liked. Modelers must, IMHO, be dialed in on the PA/Amp/FRFR system on which they will be played and also at gig volume. Otherwise, they usually sound disappointing. This has been the source of so many unhappy threads here and on other forums.....

on topic, I really like Transatlantic too and they are all killer players. I'd love to see them in concert. There are some good youtube vids of them.....

randombastage

Silver Supporting Member
According to some members here, the hd500 is not "pro gear".....hmmm
A great majority of the 'best' music throughout history was created on non-pro gear. So even if that is true in some meaningful way it would still be largely irrelevant to all the things I love about music.

leftty

Went to Ted Leonards facebook page last night after this post to ask he if he was useing line6 gear. I got a responce from him today which i thought was cool of him. Yes he is useing a Tyler Variax through a hd500 direct, even offered up his patches when he gets the chance to upload them

JackJordan

Went to Ted Leonards facebook page last night after this post to ask he if he was useing line6 gear. I got a responce from him today which i thought was cool of him. Yes he is useing a Tyler Variax through a hd500 direct, even offered up his patches when he gets the chance to upload them
Please keep us updated of this. I'd love to download them and try them out! :eeks

Trending Topics