transformer codes, how old is my vibrolux reverb

I have a vibrolux reverb but i cant tell how old it is. ive done some research and Im still not sure what is what. the tube chart is ripped all i see is one "A" and then its ripped to nothing.

I have three transformer codes (if it helps)

the biggest transformer is black and says
CSA TEST
125p26a

One of the smaller transformers reads
125c3a
606-5-13

the other small transformer says (this is in between some preamp tubes)
125a20b
-606-5-13

remocity

Silver Supporting Member
Is it a vintage Blackface amp?
No serial# on the back of the chassis?

Does look like a 65.

riffmeister

Silver Supporting Member
From the Fender website:

DATING FENDER AMPLIFIERS (INCLUDING SILVERFACE AND BLACKFACE AMPS) USING TRANSFORMER CODES

In general, Fender amps that don’t have rubber-stamped tube sticker date codes have EIA numbers on their transformers that might enable determination of the production date. These numbers always begin with “EIA 606,” and are followed by three or four digits in various combinations.

If three digits are present, the first digit refers to the year (i.e., a “7” would mean 1967). If four digits are present, the first two digits refer to the year (i.e., a “66” would mean 1966). The last two digits refer to the week of the year (i.e., a “26” would mean the 26th week or, roughly, June). For example, EIA 606-4-21 would denote the 21st week of 1964. It is also advisable to add about 6 months to the date to allow for time these parts may have spent in inventory storage.

it is a blackface, thanks for the help! I think one transformer is from 64 but obviously it was manufactured in 65 if the other transformers are from 65. I didn't want to post it for sale without proper information.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom