Transformers

Britishampfan

Who is making the best Marshall transformers these days for 2 EL 34`s and a just a bit more grind than headroom and can handle some gain on the front end.

and one that has nothing but headroom.

I am going to build something Marshally yet new. I think I stumbled on to something cool.

Necessity is the mother of invention.

calieng

If Chris does not work out you can also try Heyboer.

They built me a custom one-off set of PT and OT for not any more than you would pay for the ones they crank out in mass quantities.

big mike

Cathode biased
Platinum Supporting Member
If Chris does not work out you can also try Heyboer.

They built me a custom one-off set of PT and OT for not any more than you would pay for the ones they crank out in mass quantities.

Yep But IMO they don't ask you enough questions IE Application or make suggestions...it's I think I need this. Okay done.

Chris is going to tailor it more to what you're doing I think.

But there's NOTHING wrong with heyboar trannies at all. Good stuff.

Britishampfan

Ok guys cool cool, I want the xformers wound a certain way and spec and specific output wattage.

Since this is working so good, who can build me an al-U-minimum chassis that is pre punched and larger than standard?

calieng

You should be able to find a metal shop in most cities that can do that if you draw up a template.

I remember that we had the equipment in our high school shop class to do it. Made a hand built radio back in the day with a custom built chassis. Maybe a good class project for some young person in your neighborhood.

You might try Mojo Music Supply online too. Not sure if they make their own or could do a one off for you.

Top Bottom