Transistor Radio Amp Project

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Icedstevo, Apr 15, 2016.

1. Icedstevo

Icedstevo Member

Hey guys, check out this project I recently finished.

I have this old germanium transistor radio that I modded into a little practice amp. It ended up being a little quieter than expected, so I tried using my rangemaster clone into it.

:eeks

Holy Crap!! This thing is a little rock machine!!

I was so excited that I took a terrible phone video real quick to put up here on the forum.

Check it out:

(Please be nice and excuse the incredibly horrible shooting of the video and shoddy playing :cry:, this is just about how this baby sounds.)

2. ispunk

ispunk Supporting Member

3. Icedstevo

Icedstevo Member

LOL, I know....I know....hence the warning that the video is terrible.

Maybe i shouldn't have posted this garbage. I was just excited with how it ended up sounding.

4. TheStallionMang

TheStallionMang Member

Sounds sweet. I went down this same rabbit hole two years ago. I ended up just gutting the radio and using the shell to install a little DIY Ruby Amp.

Adding a DIY preamp like the RunoffGroove Supreaux Deux to the Ruby Poweramp, and you've got another rabbit hole to explore.

Do it you'll love it.

Icedstevo likes this.