1. A proposal is now up as a poll to change the guidelines of TGP to only allow member self-deleting of post/threads for up to thirty days of the original posting it. We are now watching the poll here. Click here to view the thread.

Dismiss Notice

Traynor Guitar Mate

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by rotren, May 21, 2011.

1. rotren

rotren Member

Camrose, Alberta, Canada, but originally from Umea
    I tried a sweet sounding old Traynor the other day. The Guitar Mate - see more info here http://www.traynoramps.com/products.asp?type=11&cat=66&id=393

Anyone else digging the tones of these little amps? It's actually pretty big for only 20 watts, but it's not very loud.

This amp is on consignment in a local store.

Features
    Dual inputs, volume, bass, treble, reverb, tremolo intensity and speed controls, 12" guitar speaker
    Approximate Serial Number
    0250 to 0600s = 1966 to 1969
    Years Made
    1966 - 1969

[​IMG]

2. doc

doc Member

Great amps. Main downside is they are quite big and heavy - that contributes to one of the upsides, which is they're extremely robust. With the combination of being relatively undervalued and not well known by the general public, they're great amps if you have to leave them unattended for a while, as they don't disappear like a Marshall or Fender might.

3. BCJek

BCJek Member

Great amps. I have two.

What are they asking for the amp?

And is it true that Camrose used to be Umea, Sweden? Continental drift is getting WAY out of hand.

4. Randy Van Sykes

Randy Van Sykes Member

A great simple point to point amp for modding IMO.

I have a '69...I didn't really like the tone stock. It was too bright for me and didn't have a great gain tone when pushed (the stock Marsland speaker sounds particularly awful)

But a big point to point mod/overhaul from James Peters, and replacing the speaker with an MC90, has turned this Traynor into the best sounding combo amp I've ever played through...it's my #1 for sure, has been for years now.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]