• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

traynor guitarmate YGM3 speaker

captainmike

hi all
i just came across this baby but the speaker is missing so i am looking to put it back to work

i narrowed down my choice to 2 celestion

also which tube brand to get best quality/price
Celestion Vintage 30 - 8 ohm - T3903 or
CELESTION G12H ANNIVERSARY - 30W 8ohm

let me know your thougths
mike

You can take this amp several ways. As a Canadian amp, it's the perfect blend of British and USA characteristics! ;)

A Celestion Blue sounds really nice, as does a Weber Silver. But so do Jensen inspired speakers and greenback variants too! It all depends on the tone you are going for and the style of music you play.

TG

AL30

I have a Celestion G1230 in mine. Sounds good to my ears and MUCH better than the stock speaker.

captainmike

I once did an in-depth dive into the internet to research this exact topic and discovered that the most highly-recommended speaker for this amp is the Eminence Cannabis Rex.
sweet i will explore this one to and cheaper than the celestion too

i play blues and rock with a bit of overdrive/ distortion but nothing crazy

drbob1

Gold Supporting Member
It makes the amp heavy, but I found one of the clean behemoth speakers like a JBL D120f, EV or Altec Lansing sound really good in mind (and make it loud enough to hang with a cooking band.

As for tubes, output tubes I use Russian 6P14Ps which have a more euro type sound. Preamp tubes I'd use an NOS Mullard or RCA in V1 (taking it to euro or american tones) and then Tung Sol for the rest of them.

Trending Topics