• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

Traynor Quarter Horse

voojo

Could be a cool little back up amp. There isn't much info, but here's what I've found cruising the forums:

It's a solid state 25 watt amp with on board effects that looks like your typical stomp box. It will be small enough to fit in your guitar case or gig bag and will make a great practice amp (yep, takes headphones) or you can use it as a back up amp if all else fails on the gig.

John II

Wow. The folks at Traynor are really churning out some great new products. Good for them.

danel59

I just had to find out the cost too so had contacted Yorkville directly. In Canada it will list at $269.00 so considering you get a 25 watt amp with channel switching and effects (basic I am sure) that looks like a lot of bang for the buck!

Dan

samuelson

It sure beats lugging around a spare amp, even when I leave it in the car. It's just way easier, quicker, and more efficient to have a backup amp than bring a bunch of tubes and figure out which one tube is going out or is bad. while in the middle of a gig. good luck with that.

this would fit in the guitar case. looking forward to seeing it in the stores. great idea.

voojo

I just had to find out the cost too so had contacted Yorkville directly. In Canada it will list at $269.00 so considering you get a 25 watt amp with channel switching and effects (basic I am sure) that looks like a lot of bang for the buck!

Dan
Thanks for the info Dan, I hadn't seen pricing info. I actually came across the Quarter Horse when I was searching for more info on the Iron Horse. I like my Dark Horse so much that I've been thinking of picking up the Iron Horse to try when they come out. I like to Horse around!

mvd18969

Wow, this picks up where the Crate Powerblock left off and takes it a few steps further........Very interesting!!

danel59

Does that last button that is lit say "Channel Select"?? If so, that's a double Wow!!
Yes it has channel switching although by the look of the controls it doesn't have eq on the clean channel but has two band eq for dirt. It also has a headphone/line out jack as well that is speaker simulated (its on the right side of the pedal according to the rep). I think this is going to be a winner

Dan

danel59

Saw the Quarter Horse at the MIAC trade show here in Toronto on the weekend. Cool layout, same as the pictures so not too much more to report on. Will be interested to hear what the speaker sim is like on the headphone tap as well as powering a cab. They unfortunately didn't have one available to try out but word is they should be shipping by June. I have put one on order to try out at Long & McQuade's when they become available and will post back at that time

Dan

LowWatt

Saw the Quarter Horse at the MIAC trade show here in Toronto on the weekend. Cool layout, same as the pictures so not too much more to report on. Will be interested to hear what the speaker sim is like on the headphone tap as well as powering a cab. They unfortunately didn't have one available to try out but word is they should be shipping by June. I have put one on order to try out at Long & McQuade's when they become available and will post back at that time

Dan
Just got my L+M flyer for June and I think it said they'll be charging $230 for them. Great price for a portable back up amp.

southpaw pete

I was in a L&McQ today, and a Quarter Horse was hooked up, so I plugged in and played a little bit, trying all of the different settings, etc... and was VERY impressed! Sounded great - cleans were nice, and with the eqs I was easily able to dial in the tone I wanted. The overdrive channel was really sweet, ranging from a touch of hair to thick and gritty. The trem and tape delay were nice and warm sounding, and the reverb was also voiced really nicely. And the whole thing would fit easily on my pedal board.

People were walking over and listening, commenting (favorably) on the tone and effects, and then realizing what I was actually plugged into.

"What pedal is that?"
"Actually, that's the amp."
"Well, there must be powered speakers in the cab or something."
"No, the 25w and the effects are all coming from this."

No complaints. I didn't pick it up today, but am very tempted to grab one.

Trending Topics