TREBLE BOOST PEDAL

I-IV-V

Silver Supporting Member
I have to disagree that a treble boost has to be made by a popular builder or cost “a lot.” I just searched for “treble boost” on reverb and I see several germanium units for $50 I think I would be happy with. The one thing I would look for is one that has a switchable treble/mid boost.

I-IV-V

Silver Supporting Member
I see an Artec PNP germanium with full and treble boost switch for $53 plus $10 shipping on reverb. No mid boost though.

Last edited:

Daytona57

I got a rat2 recently and noticed that with the volume cranked the tone in the middle and the gain a third up, running it into a cranked tube amp gets very close to my tb83 Pete Cornish treble booster clone.
It’s a very cheap alternative to most boutique boosters.

I was looking at getting a treble booster and had the good fortune, of reading your post on the Rat 2.

I gave it a whirl on my board, at your recommended settings, and was quite happy with the results.

I used it to boost a Gain Changer, Direct Drive V1, Green Rhino, Red Llama 25th and GR and RL25, combined for a Camel Toe. Gain Changer and RL25 were particularly, fine sounding. I was getting feedback on the Camel Toe and dialed the Rat 2, down a touch.

I still have some experimenting, to do with other pedals but it looks like a keeper.

Dave Locher

Thank you boys for help.
Sorry what I dont write how much cheap pedal need.
Really be good if have between 50 and 70$.Its be right to China no wrong.
Import is that good work.
Where are you located? I know a builder who will build just about anything for around $60 but I don't know if he ships outside the U.S.

woolyh

Check out the BBE Freq Boost -- you can get it used for like $85.00. Over your budget by like $10, but fairly cheap and one of my favorite treble boosters.

It's a sleeper, no one seems to even know it's a treble booster.
Guessing it was replaced by this?

Trending Topics