treble booster....

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by mcormier, Nov 21, 2005.

1. mcormier

mcormier Guest

ok im looking for a treble booster to acheive tones like blue wind - Jeff beck... good times bad times solo - zepplin, bohemian solo - queen... etc...

Beano?
    crispy cream?
    java?

2. straticus

straticus Member

I don't know if treble boosters were, or were not used in the examples you mention but just do a search for trebles boosters.

There was a pretty good thread about them just the other day.

3. Ommy

Ommy Member

Toneman has a good product also. He is supposedly one of the first guys to do the rangemaster / treblebooster thing. I'm interested in the 65 amps version but the price is wow. The only thing stopping me from purchasing it is that thought in the back of my mind that it's only a treble booster but.......

http://www.tone-man.com/rangemaster.htm

Anyways, good luck.

P.S. at the bottom of the page are soundclips.

4. seanc

seanc Member

Java Boost!!

best i have bought and played and backed up by quality. its the best out there.

5. rhmcfarland

rhmcfarland Member

BSM would be a good one.
    I use the OR and like it very much.
    Bernd Meiser makes some incredible dead-on retro type effects.
    www.treblebooster.net

The Jeff Beck "Wired" tone might be a different animal. I think Throbak and Proanalog both offer a powerdriver-type of od/boost that does that pretty well.

6. The Rocket

The Rocket Member

Unfortunately I haven't tried other models like the BSM, Beano etc..., but I can say that I like my Java Boost very much.
    The toggle switch makes it a very versatile pedal.

7. Charles#5

Charles#5 Member

+1 on the Java Boost. If I could only have one pedal, it probably would be the Java Boost.

Cheers,

Johan.

8. nashvillesteve

nashvillesteve Member

I use the Hellbilly from Tone Factor. It's a germanium->silicon circuit, with the germanium up front for the sound and silicone in back to regulate output. With the tone knob all the way to the right, the pedal works like a Dallas Rangemaster. With the tone knob all the way to the left, it works like a Fuzz Face. Of course, you have all of the room in between. The box is only $120 (I think they're coming out with more crazy-paintjob models if you're into that) and covers the treble boost territory. The original Rangemaster I don't believe used silicon transistors, but I'm pretty sure that the later one used by Queen was a silicon model.

There are also Beano Boost, Java Boost, Time Machine Boost and a tone of Rangemaster copies (BSR?)...

9. THROBAK

THROBAK Gold Supporting Member

My pedals were mentioned so here is a link to my site where I have sound clips of my Rangemaster, Overdriver, Fuzz Face and Tone Bender MKII Professional clones. All clips are done with the same guitars, amps and microphone so you can make a real comparison. www.throbak.com

10. Da5Id

Da5Id Member

Another vote for the Java-Boost.

11. bjm007

bjm007 Member

Analogman Beano Boost........ Awesome pedal!

12. erksin

erksin Member

I use the Hellbilly, but always in front of another OD like the Timmy to help shape it more. That Throbak Overdrive/Boost sounds awesome on it's own judging by the clips, IMO.

13. noctilux1

noctilux1 Member

had the Java boost in the blue case, with the super limited chip. when you cranked it there was alot of white noise. i sent it back. i did like the center position on toggle switch, but still that white noise unless you kept the boost quite low. i'm going to try a analogman beano boost, hope it's quieter.

14. Laroosco!

Laroosco! Member

My Bronto Boost has always done the trick.

15. Patch

Patch Gold Supporting Member

Pro Analog Top Boost if you can find one.
    The D13 Dyna-Ranger is quite amazing too with 5 different settings.

:dude

16. nsriley

nsriley Member

+1 I just got a Beano Boost, and wow, using it into my Marshall SLP, or a plexi based amp and WOW!!!!! It rips, I can nail that trebly Page or Clapton tone from the early days with ease! It sounds wicked good. :dude

-Peace
    -Nate

17. cvansickle

cvansickle Supporting Member

I've had good results with the HBE Germania. This year, I discovered the Plosive Dual treble booster. It sounds every bit as good as the HBE, but it is footswitchable between the two modes instead of just using a mini toggle.

Check it out:
    http://plosiveelectronics.com/

18. martins3325

martins3325 Supporting Member

+1 I found a used proanalog topboost and think its great..he apparently doesnt make them any more but they seem to be the closest to the real deal from what I gather.. I played mine today for the 1st time with a '55 Tweed Deluxe and a Strat. Wow..sounded killer!

19. Elliott Damage

Elliott Damage Member

how is the Retroman Beano boost??