Trem de la trem - Bluebird V Monster Effects

npfrs

Ok, here's my trem background. I have a '62 Fender Tremolux.

It. Is. Beautiful.

However, I don't always get to bring it out or tour with it, so i picked-up an Empress trem. For some strange reason, I never bonded with it, so I recently got rid of it. I think part of it was that it just had too many features. I want something that's similar to my amp trem, sweet sounding, something that can be left on, be subtle, occasionally turned up so high it can trem the balls off an ox (although I don't know why you'd do that...
)

So, after much research, I found the Toneczar Powerglide and fell in love, but it still looks like it has more features than I would need, honestly. SO...

TL;DR

The trems I narrowed my search down to are the Blue Bird Tremolo and the Monster Effects Swamp Thang.

Here's a couple videos...

http://youtu.be/p5jtqRlHrHo

So, help me out here and lend me your thoughts on these trems. Experiences? Preferences? Keep in mind, most pedals with more than 2/3 knobs, for this purpose, I prob won't be into...​

sstweed

Silver Supporting Member

Ok, here's my trem background. I have a '62 Fender Tremolux.

It. Is. Beautiful.

However, I don't always get to bring it out or tour with it, so i picked-up an Empress trem. For some strange reason, I never bonded with it, so I recently got rid of it. I think part of it was that it just had too many features. I want something that's similar to my amp trem, sweet sounding, something that can be left on, be subtle, occasionally turned up so high it can trem the balls off an ox (although I don't know why you'd do that...
)

So, after much research, I found the Toneczar Powerglide and fell in love, but it still looks like it has more features than I would need, honestly. SO...

TL;DR

The trems I narrowed my search down to are the Blue Bird Tremolo and the Monster Effects Swamp Thang.

Here's a couple videos...

So, help me out here and lend me your thoughts on these trems. Experiences? Preferences? Keep in mind, most pedals with more than 2/3 knobs, for this purpose, I prob won't be into...
I prefer the Monster by a substantial margin based on these two clips. The Bluebird was a little too lopsided. Not that I like trem perfectly symmetrical, but the Bluebird was a little much.

yerbluesrob

Never owned the Bluebird but I've owned the Swamp Thang and it was really awesome. Probably the best I've ever played.

Trending Topics