Trem for P&W, Semaphore or Cusack TAW?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by rul8agn, Jan 5, 2008.

1. rul8agn

rul8agn Member

Which one should cover most of the bases for Hillsong, Delirius, etc.? Actually how far would an Analogman TR-2 take me? If I don't get a Trem, I may get another delay. I have a CMATMODS DEEELAY right now, just looking for something with specific settings. i.e. Nova, DD-20, maybe even a DMM. All opinions appreciated.

2. BmoreTele

BmoreTele Member

The Sem should probably cover your need, but so would the EHX Stereo Pulsar. I have and love the TAW, but it has settings you would never use in P&W music.

You do raise an interesting issue, if by accident ... a tremolo with foot switchable presets would be very convenient.

3. rul8agn

rul8agn Member

Thanks for the reply

4. Cusack Effects

Cusack Effects Member

For what it's worth, Micheal Guy (Hillsong) uses a Tap-A-Whirl, as does Mark Lee (Third Day).

5. guitarist58

guitarist58 Member

I can't think of any specific songs, but when I think of trem I think I'd want the ability to get a square wave in addition to regular triangle/sine for a kind of stutter effect... That may just be my personal preferences showing, though :)